Mandarin, English, Spanish and Hindi

Geoff_One   Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:12 am GMT
The quadruple - Does anyone understand each of these four languages
reasonably well? Do you know of anyone who does? I have seen it written, at least several times, that if you know all four, you can speak with at least half the world.
*CarloS*   Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:07 am GMT
I have 2/4 (which equals 1/2).

Maybe one day I'll have 3/4, but I'm not planning to learn Hindi.
CHINESE   Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:28 am GMT
HINDI is NOT useful and important at all. India is still very poor and laggard on Economy and National Power, like it or NOT. It's ture!!!
greg   Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:00 am GMT
CHINESE : pourquoi es-tu si prolixe et affirmatif à propos des comparaisons interlangues ?
CHINESE   Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:05 am GMT
I will keep silent about this post, even if nobody trusts me, never mind.
Larissa   Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:28 am GMT
greg Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:00 am GMT
CHINESE : pourquoi es-tu si prolixe et affirmatif à propos des comparaisons interlangues ?
Je me posais la même question d'ailleurs! Lui, il croît que tout ce qu'il dit est vrai.
Holly   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:10 am GMT
>HINDI is NOT useful and important at all. India is still very poor and laggard on Economy and National Power, like it or NOT. It's ture!!! <

Just because one nation isn't sufficient enough to sustain it's population or lack the global power some other nations fight for cannot be used to judged the importance of such a language.

Chinese you probably a case of brainwashing - thanks to the Chinese government. You should probably expore your Western border regions and contribute some sort of help to the poor under fed farmers before you atempt to bad mouth other countries.

I pity you Chinese and I'm sadden by such narrow minded ideas you have in that potential brain of yours. I hope you are not typical of other Chinese in your country.

Thankyou
Holly.
Holly   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:16 am GMT
>I will keep silent about this post, even if nobody trusts me, never mind.<

I suggest you do keep quiet. Your 'facts' are based on so called 'observation'.

If you alppy this concept to your Western Border I suggest you return and tell us how 'successful' (which I doubt) the region is.

No-one trusts you because you are offensive and loud mouthed. You state these 'facts' which is only your opinion. Please if you are learning English I suggest you learn the meaning of both of their words.
Holly   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:18 am GMT
*'These' NOT 'their'
CHINESE   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:29 am GMT
Hi, Holly:

I'm NOT indignant of what you said, I hope you can come to China and tell me what you feel about China's today, you can tell me that I'm wrong after you really know clearly about China's status.

Actions speak louder than words!!!
Sander   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:40 am GMT
Dutch is far more important than those! Especially Spanish.
Holly   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:41 am GMT
Action speak louder than words? What a laugh.

I went to India and came across what you said is partly true. But you have to realize that judging countries based on observations is narrow minded.

I do not want to fight but I did find what you said offensive. Remember what you said 'actions speak louder than words' though you haven't seen India and see the progess of India's trek to a successful economy.

Thanks
Holly
Holly   Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 am GMT
>Dutch is far more important than those! Especially Spanish. <

Sander your statement needs backing - I hope you didn't take a blind shot to self glory.
CHINESE   Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:21 am GMT
Holly

OK, let's stop disputing!

And I admit I'm a little short-sighted, but if you have some free time, please come to ShangHai city to travel around, hope you have a good journey. BYE!
Holly   Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 pm GMT
>OK, let's stop disputing! <

Great and may I ask you stop disputing about India. I would like to see the great wall of China and also the Forbidden city.