Talking in American Accent

Deborah   Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:09 am GMT
<< Well, to quote an "Arrested Development" line, that wasn't what I *was* thinking.... >>

I was afraid of that!
HawT``juz dammitt --   Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:25 pm GMT
damn
Emily   Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:39 am GMT
I don't know why you would rather want to aim for a American accent than any other easier accent, but i gues as you have stated you love the way you speak. I myself at first tried to speak with a cockney accent when i first came to England and after a while i gave up, and i just noticed after two years that i was speaking with a cockney accent.

Alaa if i was you i would consider not to worry about this for now as the accent will gradually come by itself. However i know that you are kind of desperate to speak with that accent hence I strongly suggest you to watch CNN and try to imitate their accents. I know that this method works, because a friend of mine used to speak both English and American by just watching English news and American news even though she has never been in been in any of these countries.

on the other hand you might not like the news as much as other people do therefore i suggest you to imitate any person's accent you adore.

ps. don't think i am a hypocryt.
jokes   Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:44 am GMT
hahhaha ROLF do you think it is that easy to imtate another person hhahah looooooool you people are living in a dream world. What if you have a strong Spanish accent you cannot just change your accent. I know it took me a very long time (about five yrs) and still till this day i find myself having troubles pronouncing sentences in a American accent. hhhaha lol you guys are fuunyyyyyyyy.