Is Antimoon contradicting the English language, all heard?

Jim C, York   Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:08 pm GMT
I think the problem is, that you can only say so much about "what a word means" or other choices for words. The other subjects get more interest because people have more to say on these subjects, and there are often lots of different out looks. I certainly wouldn't think this was in any way racist, far from it i believe.

I quite enjoy answering questions about words, and how they are used, or by who, etc. etc. I don't know alot, but I like to try.
Uriel   Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:00 pm GMT
You have two kinds of people on this forum: native speakers and English-learners. They are interested in different things. Students of the language want to know definitions, usages, points of grammar -- things that native speakers already know and take for granted. We answer those questions for you, because that's sort of one of the reasons for this forum -- learners getting help from native speakers.

But amongst ourselves, native speakers are often more interested in ways the language is used, dialects, accents, etc, and so those discussions stem from that. There is no reason why we can't have both.
Rudolph   Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:40 pm GMT
These men converse themes that are not related with my message question? Why do they express with no sense at all?

It's like not receiving any response and that they are the same unique person that controls the whole website forum of Antimoon. What a plot these idots have!

I tought they are wise to answer any question according to the message.

It's because they don't have a real English expression. I mean they are translating theirs.

Learn English!
Rudolph   Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:41 pm GMT
thought
Jim C, York   Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:08 pm GMT
Its nice to stray from the question. Yeah people should answer the original topic. But we get sidelined by sillyness. And its fun to hear other peoples ideas.
Kirk   Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:09 am GMT
Agreed with Uriel and mjd. Since the forum's explicitly stated purpose is to "Discuss learning English and the English language" I find nothing wrong with exploring both aspects of the forum. In fact, it's not always an "either-or" thing. Many threads have significant overlap and are conceivably useful and/or interesting to both nonnative learners as well as natives discussing usage.
Rude   Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:07 am GMT
?

I'm in China. What are you still talking about?

Better don't tell me, I know you're experiencing a way to lose time.

Blah blah blah!

Don't write too much, I don't read nerd's words.
Uriel   Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:31 pm GMT
Well, here's some unsolicited nerdy advice -- the expression is "waste time", not "lose time".
Rude   Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:18 pm GMT
I mean "to lose time" on something necessary, not "to waste time" on something necessary. It's a different meaning usage for each expression.

You have someone's basic vocabulary, taught in your Polish school. I'm residing in U.S and vocabulary is wide.
G_DANS   Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:19 pm GMT
The point is that all sites have their website trolls aka idiots leaping around making a mess of the place...
King William   Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:28 pm GMT
How does it work for me, G_DANS?

Are your spelling reform threads back?
Uriel   Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:31 pm GMT
<<I mean "to lose time" on something necessary, not "to waste time" on something necessary. It's a different meaning usage for each expression.

You have someone's basic vocabulary, taught in your Polish school. I'm residing in U.S and vocabulary is wide. >>

I'm not Polish. Where'd you get that idea?
Rude   Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:44 am GMT
Naturally, in mind! Languages have their own ways to use words, not translating.
Adam   Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:47 am GMT
"Fo' shizzle, ma nizzle" is a phrase that rap singer, Snoop Dogg, popularized in the late 1990s. It's derived from an earlier urban African-American slang, "fo' sheezy mah neezy", which means "for sure, my nigga!" I don't recommend that you use this phrase (or any part of it), because like most urban slang, its popularity as peaked and has become passé.
Benjamin   Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:51 am GMT
Windows Vista Beta Version - and YES it's quite a disappointment.

You're right, Uriel.

And you, Rude!