chinese language

Chanee   Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm GMT
Like it or not, English will be the lingua franca of the world.

It may only rank at third to Chinese and Spanish, but with its huge demand in Asia, especially in China, it may demote Spanish to the third place.
Guest   Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:56 am GMT
<<It may only rank at third to Chinese and Spanish, but with its huge demand in Asia, especially in China, it may demote Spanish to the third place. >>

No language can replace Fench as the other global language. Chinese is not a lingua franca.
Franco   Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:43 am GMT
China will become the language for condom production.
Guest   Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:21 pm GMT
Talking about chinese, we must say that it is not an unique language but it is considered as a language family made of differente members spoken in different regions of China but not only (mandarin, cantoonese, taiwanese etc): they're not dialect, they are different languages and probabily thery aren't mutually intellegible among them even if they use the same writing system (wich uses logogram).
Guest   Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:40 pm GMT
<<Português do Brasil - Língua de 200.000.000
Principal Língua da América do Sul>>

O que??? então vai fora do Brazil... vai em Colombia o Peru e fala Português. Acho que o Português não eh tão importante fora do Brazil(to falando de Sul America). O Espanhol se usa em mais de 10 países da America do Sul. Ainda, O Português e importante como lengua pelo progresso, tecnologia e ordem desenvolvidos em Brazil, mais não da pra dizer que eh mais importante do que o Espanhol.

Disculpe se eu não tenho falado corretamente, eh porque eu ainda estou estudiando o Português. Gusto das lenguas latinas. :)

I'm sorry. Well, then travel abroad. Go to Colombia or PEru and speak Portuguese. I don't think Portuguese is important here, or anywhere but in Brazil (I'm talking about South America). Spanish is used in more than 10 countries here in South America. Now, Portuguese is important as a language because of the progress, tecnology and order reached by the Brazilian community. But that's not enough to say that it's more important than Spanish.

Kind regards

Pete from Peru
Pete   Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:45 pm GMT
<<Like it or not, English will be the lingua franca of the world.

It may only rank at third to Chinese and Spanish, but with its huge demand in Asia, especially in China, it may demote Spanish to the third place.>>

I agree.
EuroDollar   Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:16 pm GMT
Chinese...hmmm...no thanks!
a.p.a.m.   Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:46 pm GMT
The Chinese are most likely to invest their huge surplus of US debt into precious metals like gold and silver. Precious metals may be outdated relics in Western eyes, but Eastern cultures (China, India, Arab nations) still place a high value on them. In the end gold and silver will far outshine worthless, fiat paper currencies like the EuroDollar or the US Dollar.
Josh Lalonde   Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:28 pm GMT
<<In the end gold and silver will far outshine worthless, fiat paper currencies like the EuroDollar or the US Dollar.>>

If they're worthless then why don't you give all yours to me?
Guest   Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:41 pm GMT
I hate spam