Pronunciation Definitions

Dude   Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:22 pm GMT
Kirk means church.
Leonard   Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:36 pm GMT
Kirk is pronounced /kirk/, not /kerk/ in Scottish.
Marco Polo   Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:12 pm GMT
Kirk is an eraser of messages. What a contradiction plot!
Forum   Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:18 am GMT
The most disgusting looking foodstuff in the UK is tripe...it looks so dreich I can't understand how anybody could put any of it anywhere near the mouth. It's actually the stomach lining of a cow and it looks it! ;-(
I saw some in Kirkgate market in Leeds...I think they only eat it in the north of England. Apparently it's boiled and then eaten with onions. I feel a wee bit sick all of a sudden.......

ä stands for ah, not eh "grass, glance, command, bath..."
är stands for ah~(-r) "car, heart, sergeant..."
--------------------------------
ö stands for aw, not er "law, faun, yawn, call..."
ör stands for aw~(-r) "lord, floor, sword..."
oo stands for oo "fool, dude, food, womb, tomb..."
oo stands for oo-'aw "foot, woman, wolf, hook, good..."
oi stands for 'aw-eh "boil, boy, point..."
ou stands for 'ah-aw "round, down, proud..."

I've done three projects on the same topic (Personal narritive, Literature Review and Interview Report) and this is the last project (Argumentative Essay). My last three projects were all about three points; including: learning with computers and motivation, improving critical thinking, and increasing interaction with the materials being studied.

The paper is due next Wed, and I still don't know what to argue about. I mean I can argue about anything on this topic, but 3 pages is too much!!
I've been thinking about conducting the argument on " whether learning with computers would isolate ESL students from interacting with their classmates or not?", but again 3 pages is too much for me! :(
Rudolph   Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 am GMT
Why are here information of my sound descriptions?

Are these people faking me and copying my messages to represent me?

I'm going to post this to let any intruder know who I am. I'm closer to them but they're not from me.

I hate fake threads.