Thanx...

ma   Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:41 am GMT
Dear all
would u plz write me some thanx expresion that r n't usuall?Expression that we can give 2 our pals,exept these usuall Ex. like thanx, thank u,...

Thank u a universe...
Ben   Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:56 am GMT
1) Thanks

2) Thank you

3) Thank you very much

4) Cheers

5) Thanks a milliion - Used to take the micky out of the Irish

6) Safe ( This is a bit of South London slang, which can be used to say 'thank you' as well as in other contexts)

7) Nice one

Ben.
abc   Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:45 am GMT
8) Thanx a bunch
Boy   Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:53 am GMT
9) Thanks a lot

10) Thanks a ton

11) Thanks Indeed
Jim C, York   Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:21 pm GMT
Ta
Cheers ta,
Great one, (in the same manner as ncie one)
Thanks so much, (a favourite of a shop owner I know, he thanks you for everything, even when he is finding stuff for you!)

Much appreciated, is a more formal way of saying it.
Mari   Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:34 am GMT
Ben,abc.Jim,Boy:

I realllllllly thank all of u ...
Goodluck...
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:41 am GMT
***a favourite of a shop owner I know, he thanks you for everything, even when he is finding stuff for you!) ***

Is there a prize for guessing s/he may be Asian? (they all go to charm school). And another prize for guessing that the shop is on a corner? ;-)
Stan   Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:28 am GMT
<< Is there a prize for guessing s/he may be Asian? >>

stereotyping:
stereotyping:
stereotyping:
stereotyping:
and stereotyping...

an expression of appreciation that isn't orthodox? try this:

Thank you very much!; thank you very much! and thank you very much - indeed!.
Jim C, York   Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:15 am GMT
No he's a member of a family that been in yorkshire for a few hundred years. And its only recently become a corner affair, the building nextdoor got knocked down. As for the charm school thing, at least their better at making it apear they're being genuine than the Yanks, "have a nice day" in that sing song way, when in fact they are itching to whp out that revolver they keep under the till.
Guest   Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:53 pm GMT
Thankyou Kindly
dude!
greatness!
Uriel   Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:05 pm GMT
Jim C, I have NEVER whipped out the revolver under the till ... even when I worked retail, and the customers just begged for it. Even when I worked night shift in a liquor store .... oh, that's right. There actually WAS no revolver under the till...
Jim C, York   Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:34 pm GMT
M16, Shotgun, Blow pipe...Its all the same to me... ;)

Im only kidding, I think I've watched too many Movies and Police,Camera, Action!
Stan   Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:08 pm GMT
<< Jim C, I have NEVER whipped out the revolver under the till ... even when I worked retail >>

YEAH; RIGHT!!...and I am Mary Poppins!. Everyone knows that in America, there's always a revolver (or make that a loaded '.357 magnum') under the counter. I did watch the video of the store keeper who shot and killed five "would-be" robbers; all in the pretext of "trying to get the keys to the safe; behind the counter." His .45 magnum was right there, just under the counter - and what sort of store keeper would kill five people with a single shot each, tell me he is not the product of a society of blood thirsty and violent savages.

I don't know much about other countries but in the U.S, if the shop keeper or owner is acting too nice, its a guarantee he is only trying to remember where he kept his .38 magnum or worse still - a 12 gauge double barrel...brutal savages!!
Boy   Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:58 pm GMT
lol... yes. it comes across strange to me why American shop keepers have a gun under the counter.. i mean nobody have a gun in my city even though my city is infected with more criminals and thugs than those of American cities.

I also found it too impersonal to have a glass (or bullet proof) window between a seller and a customer. I remember that 6 years ago i accompanied with my parents for a local US embassy and there were interview guys sitting behind a glass counter and there was a small hole beneath it for passing your documents and stuff.. I am not against this but I find it too impersonal.. maybe i am not used to it. I find close contact a lot more friendly among people...
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:00 pm GMT
Stan...do you REALLY whizz over the rooftops of London with only your brolly as propulsion?.....[Damian is wondering if he's got the right character.......that IS Mary Poppins isn't it? Reckons he's been reading too much HP]

Talking of which, I saw JK Rowling in town once.....coming out of Jenners. The Edinburgh restaurant Nicholsons where she started writing her first HP books is a Chinese restaurant/take-away now.