best english speakers

Skippy   Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:56 pm GMT
The Dutch and the Scandinavians... I don't think Indians are typically native English speakers.
guest   Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:21 am GMT
<<The Dutch and the Scandinavians...>>

Absolutely, sometimes they master the language even better than the English.
wenasrina   Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:51 pm GMT
I agree that the Dutch speak good English. Working as an English instructor, I must say my 2 Dutch colleagues are doing a great job! Clear, understandable and natural near-native accent.
Dear Jason....   Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:44 pm GMT
as we say...your grandmother as a HORRENDOUS accent....
Speak for your country, I'm Italian and English native speakers made me always compliments for my pronunciation.
Greek English is surely worse I think
Guest   Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:50 pm GMT
I remeber to all that the post is on the BEST English speakers not the WORSE, so avoid any comment on that.
Why don't we speak like English antive speakers sound horrible when speaking another language? There is the stereotyp English people is completely bead at learning other languages
shharrath   Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:54 pm GMT
the thing is i have learned english but recently in an interview i was asked to write an essay about "when i was walking......" , i wrote it, after that some lady who conducts me interview she said "you have a very bad knowledge of english" and asked me to apply after when i am well prepared. i dont know what to do? if any one wants to help me plz mail to me ur valuable message to shharrath@yahoo.com
bill   Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:34 pm GMT
The Dutch. I agree with thse who say the Duch and I agree that it is, in part, because of the smilarities between it and English. I also think that inevitably, educated people in a small country like Holland will have to learn some other language so they are more apt to statr early and become proficient. I have also noticed that many people in Norway, and to a lesser extent Sweden, speak very good English even in rural areas. bill
Rodrigo   Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 am GMT
I agree. French and English may have common vocabulary but they are pronoinced very differently. Sophistication, nation, parents are spelt th same but they are not pronounced the same, at all.
Ocean   Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:20 am GMT
Well.. I think it depends on individuals not on nationalities or countries!

I think when someone learn English .. not only basic skills.. I mean those who learnt phonetics .. are the most likely to speak English very good..