go faster?

Lazarakis   Sun May 14, 2006 2:40 pm GMT
"If your warm-up walk or jog increases your blood flow, circulation, and heart rate, then you are going fast enough; when your instincts are telling you to go faster, you're doing it right."

What I don't understand is a part after the semicolon.... I mean, to my understanding, in here, isn't it more logical to say "when your instincts are telling you that you are going fast enough, you're doing it right."? Why would it say "faster" instead of "fast enough"? What is considered right by the writer anyway?
Guest   Sun May 14, 2006 4:29 pm GMT
because they are saying that when you feel like you are NOT going fast enough then you are doing it right = when you feel like you need to go faster you are doing it right. They don't want to say when you feel like you are going fast enough because that has almost the opposite meaning.
Lazarakis   Mon May 15, 2006 3:49 am GMT
Thanks!
Lazarakis   Mon May 15, 2006 6:33 am GMT
Oh, and another question about warm-up and where to put "always" gramatically in a certain sentence.

It says, "Always stretch after your workout, and never before your warm-up."
Does it mean "After your workout, you should alway stretch." or "If you want to stretch, you must always do it after your workout."?
Travis   Mon May 15, 2006 6:43 am GMT
>>It says, "Always stretch after your workout, and never before your warm-up."
Does it mean "After your workout, you should alway stretch." or "If you want to stretch, you must always do it after your workout."?<<

It means the latter, "If you want to stretch, you must always do it after your workout", and not the former.