I dont understand

Leena   Tue May 23, 2006 9:03 am GMT
hello
is the meaning of to slash barbecue is to cut a grilled meat?
what is the meaning of (a mystery lot)?

(I would sunk a few,was not driving so i start bidding)

(I am all set)

(constand)

plz tell me what do they mean?
GHOST   Tue May 23, 2006 12:35 pm GMT
You should go to somewebs like these:
www.tinhdonphuong.com
Leena   Wed May 24, 2006 7:51 am GMT
i need answers
Johnathan Mark   Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am GMT
I am all set = I am ready, I have all that I need

Other than that, I am afraid I can't help you. I have never heard of slash barbecuing before.
Hi leena   Fri May 26, 2006 2:03 pm GMT
Even i do not know the meaning the slang you are asking. I will really appreciate, if you will tell me. You can send me mail regarding that my email id is alok22_vats@yahoo.com, you can chat with as well on this id.

bye
alok
leena   Sun May 28, 2006 7:28 am GMT
thank u so much mark for your help but what abt other sentences guys plz help me
NMej   Sun May 28, 2006 7:45 am GMT
You need to quote the complete sentences, without mistakes; then people may be able to help.
leena   Sun May 28, 2006 8:27 am GMT
where are the mistakes? i quoted these sentences and words from one magazine, its like an interview with a celebrity.he was talking like this.i didnt understand what was written there,so i liked to ask you if you have any ideas of these things.thats all.thanks
NMej   Sun May 28, 2006 8:35 am GMT
If they were printed exactly as quoted, they are not statements, let alone sentences. They make no sense.

Give the complete context.
leena   Sun May 28, 2006 9:43 am GMT
hi nmej
actually there is no contexts only questions and answeres and his answers were like these .soo vague.
j   Sun May 28, 2006 5:00 pm GMT
this is what I found on web. May be the native-speakers might explain what's it all about?

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_style_phile/2005/07/fete_for_fashio.html
Uriel   Mon May 29, 2006 1:34 am GMT
AHA!

Finally some context, and we can figure out what the hell you're talking about!

<<No, it’s more like Find Outlet's Bastille Day sale-slash-barbecue. Starting today through July 17, hit the Chelsea outpost to nosh on grilled fare and save up to 80% on designer spring wares like Kasil jeans>>

Okay. There is NO SUCH THING as a "slash barbecue". The entire phrase is "sale-slash-barbecue", and all THAT is is a cutesy way of saying "sale/barbecue", with the "/" written out as the word that it stands for. So the site is advertising a combination sale and barbecue, where you can eat while buying.

"To nosh" or "nosh on" is a slang term for "eat".

"Grilled fare" means grilled food (in some contexts, "fare" means food; in others it means other things, and it can only be used to mean food in certain contexts, so don't try to use it interchangeably until you know what you're doing.)
Leena   Mon May 29, 2006 6:33 am GMT
thank you j so much for your care and help

Uriel
I estimate your efforts a lot for the clarification of what we are ignorant from matters that relate to English language

but what abt the other things like mystery lot and constand?
j   Mon May 29, 2006 6:46 am GMT
mystery lot
one of the meanings of "lot" - "group of items sold as one". It often happens in an auction sale, for example, on eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/mystery-lot_W0QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1
Kumar   Mon May 29, 2006 7:15 am GMT
You may have to give the complete sentence which includs the words you mentioned. It will be better if you give more sentences before and after the sentence which has your doubtful words.