Grammer

Sarah   Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:34 am GMT
Hi verybody,
I'd like t help me .Here is a passage I want to choose the correct one.
the 21th century family will certainely be more than today's family as a result of people's (live -living)longer and (marry-marrying) more than once .In fact we can expect the "divorce -extended"family (being-to be )the normal family unit of the future .As a result of ( belong-belonging)to several different family groups at the same time,childern are likely 9to be-being)more independant.Although extended families will be larger in the future ,"natural families "will be smaller in many develope countries as couples decide (to have -having) fewer and fewer childern .with (falling-fallen)birthrate ,the government may have to find ways to (get-let)people ( to have -have ) more childern.Some futurologists foresee government (offer-offering)money to couples( to have -having) more childern.
Sociologists predict that the reorgnization of the family unit will be largely beneficial .For one thing ,the complexity of the divorce extended family will require the family members (be -are) more commmunal and cooperative .Regardless of the change that lie ahead,the human need for love maks it essential that ,in one form or another ,the family (surviv-survivs)
Uriel   Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:00 am GMT
The 21ST (the word is twenty-first, it doesn not end in a -th like twentieth) century family will CERTAINLY be larger than today's family as a result of PEOPLE LIVING longer and MARRYING more than once. In fact, we can expect the BLENDED ("divorce -extended") family to be the normal family unit of the future. As a result of BELONGING to several different family groups at the same time, childREn are likely to be more independEnt. Although extended families will be larger in the future, NUCLEAR families will be smaller in many developeD countries as couples decide TO HAVE fewer and fewer children. With THE FALLING birthrate, the government may have to find ways to GET* people TO HAVE more childREn. Some futurologists foresee governmentS OFFERING money to couples( to have -having) (HERE YOU CAN USE EITHER, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU MEAN-- "TO HAVE" IF YOU MEAN AS AN INCENTIVE FOR THEM TO PRODUCE MORE CHILDREN IN THE FUTURE, OR "HAVING" IF YOU MEAN AS A REWARD FOR ALREADY HAVING PRODUCED THEM) more childREn.
Sociologists predict that the reorgAnization of the family unit will be largely beneficial. For one thing, the complexity of the divorce extended (USUALLY CALLED "BLENDED", AT LEAST IN AMERICAN PARLANCE) family will require the family members (be -are) more communal and cooperative. (HERE YOU CAN SAY "REQUIRE *THAT* THE FAMILY MEMBERS *BE* MORE COMMUNAL" -- OR -- "REQUIRE THE FAMILY MEMBERS *TO BE* MORE COMMUNAL") Regardless of the changeS that lie ahead, the human need for love makEs it essential that, in one form or another, the family SURVIVES.

A couple of notes, Sarah --

On punctuation: a comma or period is typed immediately after the last letter of the word it follows. Then one space is added after a comma. Two spaces are added after a period. So it is not "Help me .Here is a passage..." but "Help me. Here is a passage...."

The plural of "child" is "children", not "childern".

*As for choosing between "get" or "let", it depends on what you mean. If you mean to ENCOURAGE people to have more children, as they might in Europe, you use "get". If you mean to ALLOW people to have more children, as would be more the case in China, you use "let". Judging from the tone and context of the rest of your article, I decided that you probably meant "get". But be aware that either may be grammatically correct; they just have different meanings.

Hope that helps!
Sarah   Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:01 am GMT
Thank u Uriel, I appreciate.
Also I like knowing the right choice here,It was my grammer test.
1-Davied promiser that he-----arrive yesterday.(will- would-can-had).
2-She was interested in how----process the new information.(rapid I could -rapidly could I-could I -rapidly I could).
3-He asked----fulfillment from a hard day's work(do u again-did I again-wether I gained or not-ether or not I gained)
4-She took that class---her English(in order improve -to improve -in order improving-improve)
5-We couldn't afford---out for dinner(go-going-to go -gone)
Thanks in advance.
Johnathan Mark   Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:46 pm GMT
1. would
2. rapidly I could
3. whether or not I gained
4. to improve
5. to go
Sarah   Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:15 am GMT
Thank u Johanthan Mark.
Sarah   Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 am GMT
I want to ask u Johanthan,when u chose the infintive (4,5),what u depend on? I mean the rule to choose?