Audio with transcript.

Sam   Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:21 am GMT
Hello,
Do you know of any websites or blogs containing audio files in English along with their transcript?
That's definitively the best way to learn English, especially if the articles are interesting.
Guest   Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:00 pm GMT
KU's International Dialects of English Archives has a ton of audio files/transcripts which I found pretty useful. The link is www.ku.edu/~idea. I hope this helps you out.
Guest   Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:23 am GMT
Kirk   Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:45 am GMT
I'm a native speaker of English (from California) and I've made a couple recordings of myself reading off of texts/articles. Here's the first one with its accompanying text:

http://uploadhut.com/view.php/360088.wav

"Owing to its privileged position on the Pacific Ocean and its warm Mediterranean-style climate, San Diego enjoys an abundance of quality produce and dining. With a myriad ethnic and cultural mix, San Diego is well known for its wide selection of cuisines. One can find excellent Mexican, Italian, Greek, Latin, Central and East Asian, Middle Eastern and Pacific Islander food throughout the city. The city's long history and close proximity to Mexico has endowed an endless array of Mexican cafes and restaurants. Regional homemade specialties, border fare and haute cuisine are all easily available.

San Diego's warm, dry climate and access to the sea have also made it a natural center for the production of fruit and vegetables. Long a center of the tuna industry, San Diego benefits from an abundant seafood supply.

Several of the finest choices of dining can be found in the Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, La Jolla and Old Town. The city's many immigrant and ethnic groups have heavily influenced local eating habits and tastes."

---Here's the second file along with its text---

http://uploadhut.com/view.php/368879.wav

"Parked alongside his onion fields, Bob Hale can prop open a laptop and read his e-mail or, with just a keystroke, check the moisture of his crops.

As the jack rabbits run by, he can watch CNN online, play a video game or turn his irrigation sprinklers on and off, all from the air conditioned comfort of his truck.

While cities around the country are battling over plans to offer free or cheap Internet access, this lonely terrain is served by what is billed as the world's largest hotspot, a wireless cloud that stretches over 700 square miles of landscape so dry and desolate it could have been lifted from a cowboy tune.

Similar wireless projects have been stymied in major metropolitan areas by telephone and cable TV companies, which have poured money into legislative bills aimed at discouraging such competition. In Philadelphia, for instance, plans to blanket the entire city with Wi-Fi fueled a battle in the Pennsylvania legislature with Verizon Communications Inc., leading to a law that limits the ability of every other municipality in the state to do the same."

Hope that helps! :)
Rom   Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:10 am GMT
>>While cities around the country are battling over plans to offer free or cheap Internet access, this lonely terrain is served by what is billed as the world's largest hotspot, a wireless cloud that stretches over 700 square miles of landscape so dry and desolate it could have been lifted from a cowboy tune.

Similar wireless projects have been stymied in major metropolitan areas by telephone and cable TV companies, which have poured money into legislative bills aimed at discouraging such competition. In Philadelphia, for instance, plans to blanket the entire city with Wi-Fi fueled a battle in the Pennsylvania legislature with Verizon Communications Inc., leading to a law that limits the ability of every other municipality in the state to do the same."
<<

And if you want to hear this article with a Pacific Northwest accent:

http://site1.afraid.org/~rom/a/wifi.wav
Guest   Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:32 pm GMT
Sorry, but NOT FOUND.