Besides English, which language do you most want to learn?

Guest   Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:48 am GMT
To paul

Yeah, they are different from each other. That's why I think it might be an idea to learn enough of English before starting Mandarin, but that's me.

On the other hand, however, people say Japanese and the Korean language are grammatically close to each other. So if I were deeply interested in South Korea's dramas like my mother is, I'd start learning it now.

No offense, but learning one more language is not my priority at the moment. I have hard enough time remembering English expresssions and vocablary now...That's why..
Zimar   Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:32 pm GMT
How do people know how may people speak a language as a second language? How can they count the people spread all over the world and ask them what language, other than their mother tongue, they can speak?
Guest   Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:13 pm GMT
I think they are rough estimations. Daily people leave this world and new born come so we can't speculate a crisp and accurate figure of any language speakers.
Jack.Zhou   Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:31 am GMT
How about Chinese? Chinese is also a beautiful language in the world. Could you tell me why you all don't select Chinese as your second language? Thank you!
Guest   Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:27 am GMT
Do you speak Chinese, Zhou? Well, This is just my view, but Mandarin is tough to read because there are tousands of chinese characters to remember, and its pronunciation system is really complicated, isn't it? So Mandarin may be a beautiful language, but at the same time one of the most difficult languages.. Plus, there are fewer learning materials for Chinese learners than for English learners, at least in my country.

However, as I said, I would try learning Mandarin one of these days.

By the way, what language do you think you will learn next?
Jack.Zhou   Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:33 am GMT
Well, I am so glad that you want to learn Mandarin. Yes, I speak Chinese, and Chinese is my first language. I think Mandarin is a beautiful language, there is abundant of sentences to express all sorts of situation, also have many famous and interesting saying and stories. Actually once you inosculate into Chinese culture and language, you will find it is not very complicated like most people thought. I hope you can persist in learning Chinese if you really want to learn Mandarin and welcome you come to our country to study Chinese.
English is my second language, however, I am not really good at learning English, and maybe you can find that my English is very poor. So would you like to help me to improve my English? I am looking forward to hearing from you. I’d like to make friends with you and my private email box address is: zhua.zhou@yahoo.com.
Guest   Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:14 am GMT
Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I'm also a learner of English. I should've used a name for you to recognise me. The guest poster at the top of this page and the fifth from the top is me. Sorry about that...

I don't think your English is poor. And I really hope some English speakers will e-mail you! :D
Jack.zhou   Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:37 am GMT
Guest Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:14 am GMT
Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I'm also a learner of English. I should've used a name for you to recognise me. The guest poster at the top of this page and the fifth from the top is me. Sorry about that...

I don't think your English is poor. And I really hope some English speakers will e-mail you! :D

Well, It doesn't matter. maybe we can learning English together. hehe.
LVN   Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:02 pm GMT
You should choose Vietnamese. Althought it's hard but it sounds like music when you hear a vietnamese speak their language. Ofcousre It's not difficult as Chinese or Japanese.
Learn Vietnamese you will know more about asia!
Guest   Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:41 pm GMT
To zhou,
Ok then. I'll send you an e-mail now.
Guest   Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:11 pm GMT
Ah, I tried sending it, but it seemed that your e-mail address was not available.. Actually, no sooner had I sent it than I received this message instead:Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Anyway, there are chances we will talk in here some other time.
Youness   Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:43 pm GMT
for me is. I would like to learn franch.
Jack.Zhou   Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:06 pm GMT
Ah, I tried sending it, but it seemed that your e-mail address was not available.. Actually, no sooner had I sent it than I received this message instead:Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Anyway, there are chances we will talk in here some other time.

My email address definitely is: zhua.zhou@yahoo.com.cn. you can try it again. I looking forward to hearing from you.