read then comment on the language

never mind   Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 pm GMT
please comment on my language i will write some parts

20 years earlier

my mother is combing my long brown hair.. i set quietly enjoying her kind touches..i love her deeply though she is sick now but she never heart me..our romantic life has been changed since my uncle's marriage ..ya I am very young now but I realize there is something wrong ..

I hear some noise out side ..it was my father he prayed Al-Fajer and returned now.. …mama kisses me I say good bye and take my big sister's hand ..we go to our school..
My simple mind never stops thinking..i do not understand what happen to us..we were very pleased in our lives..my good father works as a teacher..may mother chooses to leave her school and to helps my grandfather in the house work..actually she does not help but she is doing every thing…we were happy until that black day has come..

Now I will stoop talking because I am too young to understand what is happening but my mother(Badryah) will talk
(I married my cousin Khaled after along love story from his side only..i refused to marry him but my father did not listen to me..and I left Gassiam my small city full of all those people whom I love –especially my kind mama who was crying and entrusting me to be a good wife for Khaled and a daughter to his family and I was..

At the beginning I hate Khaled this young man..who keeps silent all the time..i should confess of his attractiveness and his beautiful appearance but yet I cant forget he has taken me a way from my mama..
Oh,actually this hatred contains tow days only and quickly has gone after the first word"I love you"..as an excellent poet he praises my beauty and tells me how he has fallen in love with me_"you were walking with your friend wearing a green long dress and holding a flower between your hands ..i wonder who is the real flower..yes.. I thought it must be Badryah..and by asking my sister I became sure.. ''
I discover that Khaled has a unique characteristics and soon we become the best love birds in the family..
Surely starting a new life is not an easy step..I move from Gassym to Madinah and each has a different dialect....this difference can be seen also in customs..even my uncle's family they were affected by the Hijazi system more than the Najdi except for some beliefs they were the same ..especially those regarding vain and so on..
By the power of my husband's love and the kind treatment of my uncle's family I resist all the difficulties that annoyed me..Some may wander why I did not mention the religious factor ..why I did not confess of my God's blessings..or why I use love only to fight my problems Where is patience and God's rewards and words..
Unfortunately ..I suffer from a great lack in the realization of my religion ..Religion for me was certain acts or customs nothing more ..I put my vain and never talk to strange men because all other women do..I listen to music..and watch bad movies which depict human beings as animals controlled by primitive powers ..I have done many sins and my good points were not intended for Gads' sake..
It seems that Gad chooses to punish me in this life..before my death..and because the source of my strength was human(love)it soon became a source of danger…

After 10 years of our successful marriage ,I have got 3 beautiful daughters (Amal-Norah-Nouf ).Sudden storm blow violently after Ahmad's marriage-my brother in law- .At the beginning ,I was very happy to have a new sister to live in the same house;I feel lonely sometimes..But Sarah never looked to me with the same eye..she considers me her opponent..that's what I have discover lately..

Sarah is a tall white women she takes after her Foreign mother much more than her Saudi father..Again I face another dialect Sarah does not speak Najdi nor Hijazi but
A mixture of Bedwi and Shargawi dialects..((as good phonetician I usually care about dialects))…Yes,I forget to tell you a special secret Ahmad did not know that sarah,s mother was Foreign no body know ..she imitate Najdi women perfectly (her clothes-tongue)it was a surprise to see her Foreign relatives during the wedding party…they decide to keep it a secret
To what extent do you think this woman change my life??no exaggeration she destroys it……………
Uriel   Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:48 am GMT
Your story is quite understandable. You might work on punctuation, and a lot of the phrasing is not quite as a native speaker might put it, but it's not bad.

I think by "vain" you probably mean "veil". Vain is an adjective meaning overly proud of oneself. A veil is the cloth that covers your face.
never mind   Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:57 am GMT
thank u sooooooooooooo much
Tom.   Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:08 pm GMT
It is very simple.I did not like it.