The British Accent

*~*Jessica*~*   Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:10 am GMT
I am soo interested in the British culture, especially the accent. You know, in the United States, they don't have so many different accent. But in England, I hear there're Cockney, Ali G, etc. And I hear people in the Northern England have accent like the Irish people. I want to know more about that so I was wondering if we could discuss about that. Or anyone who knows some about the English accent please tell me some about it. Thank you~

*~*Jessica*~*
Guest   Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:02 am GMT
>*Jessica* Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:36 am GMT

The United States is the first world; The UK, France, Germany and other devoloped countries are called the second world. The Third World are countries like India, China and other devoloping countries.

~*Jessica*~

Dear Jessica, I bet you are either a TROLL or just a genuine & typical American redneck.

And the "second world" was the Communism, you redneck.<

"I hear there're Cockney, Ali G, etc"

Oops! Ali G? How come you heard of Ali G? The comedian is virtually unknown in the US. Is it cos you are a troll ?
?   Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:11 am GMT
If you are a genuine person , why didn't you notice the other "British accent" topic ?

http://antimoon.com/forum/t4227.htm

maybe guest is right, you are a troll.
elham   Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:35 pm GMT
hi every body iam going to learn british accent how i can learn it?
thank you
elham
i
Guest   Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:22 am GMT
Today, the standard British English accent is Estuary.
Travis   Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 am GMT
Jessica,

Don't listen to Brennus - he really does not know what he is talking about, even though he thinks he does. Actually, RP in its proper sense, rather than the broader idea of "Standard English" (a name that I detest for unrelated reasons), has become rather passé and has come to even be a bit of a social liability at times (even though some have overstated this at times - Estuary isn't about to become the new Standard English, contrary to what some have said).
Damian in London E16   Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:54 am GMT
OK: If you don't like either the British accent or frosties for breakfast, cop hold of this one...... it's a reaction to a TV ad voted the most irritating in the UK right now:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/frosty/
Guest   Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:11 am GMT
? The ad barely lasted a few seconds.