Dear Antimoon webmaster i was wondering that...........

She sells sea shell at   Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:45 pm GMT
I read one of ur articles and u said that u and your friend had decided to speak English to each other and i thought it was a good idea..until it occured to me that my english is not better than my friend's. Who will correct us if we said something wrong in English? What if we werent even aware of such mistakes? What did you guys do when you couldnt express yourself in some situations e.g. you want to say some thing to ur friend that u dont know the expression in english to begin with? Did u have to look up in a book ?

How hard is it when you started to communicate in English with your friend? What were your problems and what are your solutions?

I hope i didnt ask too many questions :)

Yours;

She sells sea shell at sea shore :)
Uriel   Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:47 pm GMT
I'm not the webmaster, but if you want a few corrections, here you go:

I read one of (YOUR) articles and (YOU) said that (YOU) and your friend had decided to speak English to each other(,) and (I) thought it was a good idea(...)until it occu(R)red to me that my (E)nglish is not better than my friend's. Who will correct us if we (SAY) something wrong in English? What if we (AREN'T) even aware of such mistakes? What did you guys do when you couldn(')t express yourself in some situations(:) e.g. you want to say SOMETHING) to YOUR) friend (WHEN) (YOU) don(')t know the expression in english to begin with? Did (YOU) have to look (IT) up in a book ?

How hard (WAS) it when you started to communicate in English with your friend? What were your problems and what (WERE) your solutions?

I hope I) didnt ask too many questions :)

Yours;

She sells sea shell(S) at (THE) sea shore :)

Your English is actually very good; the only things you need to work on are verb tense agreement, punctuation, and some of the small in-between words.

If you are learning a language, I wouldn't recommend taking shortcuts like u and ur, because your/you're is probably one of the things you will need to practice to get right, especially in written English.
pp   Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:59 pm GMT
Hi, it's a common problem with English learners. I am also a learner. We can eliminate this problem by reviewing our sentences with attentive or we can say active mind. I recommend you to take special care of prepositions and verb tenses. I won't say that my English is not good because it will degrade My MOTIVATION. I have tried my best to explain whatever I know about my mistakes and how I am handling from it. Bye for now
Geoff_One   Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:00 pm GMT
Helpful editing follows:

Hi, it's a common problem with English learners. I am also a learner. We can eliminate the problem by attentively reviewing our sentences or being actively minded about the matter. I recommend to you to take [ OR: that you take] special care of prepositions and verb tenses. I won't say that my English is not good because it will degrade My MOTIVATION. I have tried my best to explain whatever I know about my mistakes and how I am handling them. Bye for now
Kevin looks...   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:09 pm GMT
I am also a learner of the language,I always take shortcuts for some words like "you,your,see",I know it couldn't be a good habit for learning English,but it can really save times when I am chating in the chat room,you know the screen rolls so quickly tha
Kevin looks...   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:24 pm GMT
that I even can't follow,whereas I don't think it'd do much harm in fact to one who's learning the language,because we know at the same time what we wrote,and we know what the shortcuts stood for,and we all can write it normally whenever we want,can't we?
Tom   Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:53 pm GMT
"Who will correct us if we said something wrong in English? What if we werent even aware of such mistakes?"

Each of you should pay attention not only to your grammar, but also to the grammar of your friend. That way, each sentence will be reviewed by two people.

"What did you guys do when you couldnt express yourself in some situations e.g. you want to say some thing to ur friend that u dont know the expression in english to begin with?"

Talk around it OR look it up. When there's two people, there's a bigger chance that one of you will know the right phrase.