English orthography must be reformed !

English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:43 pm GMT
Seems that many people claim English as the international language, so this issue may not be English speakers' business, but global people's business

As everyone who learn another European languages can know, their orthographies like German or French are cognate to their phonetics, but English isn't.

So,I may consider English speaking governments shall reform their orthography of English language.
For example, "I" shall turn to "Aj" or "Ai" in order to make English orthography and phonetics be more cognate.

Seems that English is the international language, so this issue may not only be part of their (English speakers)excuse on preserving their culture, they should ask and accept the opinion on solving this issue from the people around the world (not only English native speakers)and make English more simple and easy.(They can't refuse it)

For example:Seems that many people claim English as the international language
become simms theit menni pipol clemm Inglish es the intrnetiennol lenngwidz

theit/that
menni/many
pipol/people
clemm/claim
Inglish/English
es/as
ess/ass
the/the(before consonant)
thii/the(before vowel)
intrnetiennoll/international
lenngwidz/language (ge-sound turn to be written with -dz, garage turn to be gerradz)

How to solve the same phonetic problem ?

Here is the solution

For example
This and these are pronounced the same

so,
this become thiss

and
these become thiis

Our and hour

Our become aur

hour become auhr (this rule is similiar with the german "ihr")

-------------------------------------------------------

These following suggestions can refute those guys who claim it doesn't work

1. You don't need to reform all words from the dictionary "immediately", you can reform"some words" step by step.

For example, English words have 6000 words of vocabularies, then this year, you can reform 50 words, and next year you can reform another 50 words. i'm sure finally it can be finished

2. At the same time, the education bureau of governments shall stipulate a rule for new spelling system if the loan words or the new words are created.(It means the new coming , created, loan words shall follow this rule from now on)
Benjamin   Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:29 pm GMT
« This and these are pronounced the same »

No.

The ideas for reforms which you've suggested are very much based on how you pronounce them in your accent which seems to be strongly influenced by your native language (which I see is not English). I'm trying to work out what your native language is... Afrikaans, maybe? Or perhaps German or Dutch.
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:40 pm GMT
Benjamin Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:29 pm GMT
« This and these are pronounced the same »

No.

The ideas for reforms which you've suggested are very much based on how you pronounce them in your accent which seems to be strongly influenced by your native language (which I see is not English). I'm trying to work out what your native language is... Afrikaans, maybe? Or perhaps German or Dutch.

"This" and "These" are pronounced the same in one of British accents.

Trust me, English orthography shall be reformed. The English linguists are lazy doing it, but we as humans must do it as soon as possible!
zxczxc   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:44 pm GMT
English orthography is beautiful. Leave it as it is. If you want to change it simply for the sake of pronounciation then 1) you're eliminating the variety in different dialects and accents, and 2) tearing English from its roots.
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:50 pm GMT
then maybe

I create "tj" for "THree" sound

and

For example

three turn to be "tjrii"

and the turn to be "thii" or "the"

--------------
-t for noT sound
-th for THe sound
-tj for THree sound

and for that "ae" sound
I suggest maybe you guys shall adopt æ or ä (One is Danish vowel, the other is Swedish vowel sign) to represent English ae sound.

For example, apple turn to be äpol
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:54 pm GMT
zxczxc Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:44 pm GMT
English orthography is beautiful. Leave it as it is. If you want to change it simply for the sake of pronounciation then 1) you're eliminating the variety in different dialects and accents, and 2) tearing English from its roots.

English orthography is corrupt!.
1. Choosing the standard dialect of English language,maybe the problem will be solved. Perhaps USA can choose New England dialect and reform this English dialect under basis of this dialect. Then, AmericanISH is created!

2. Old English has no longer be used. You care , why not care OLD ENGLISH?
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:56 pm GMT
English orthography is corrupt!.
1. Choosing the standard dialect of English language,maybe the problem will be solved. Perhaps USA can choose New England spelling and reform this English dialect under basis of this dialect. Then, AmericanISH is created!

2. Old English has no longer be used. You care , why not care OLD ENGLISH?
Johnathan Mark   Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:59 pm GMT
Why must English be reformed? Our quaint spelling certainly doesn't seem to be holding back our countries, as English speaking countries are among the world's most powerful and successful. Judging by the number of foreigners that speak English quite well, it doesn't make things overly difficult for them to learn.

It is impossible to come up with a good orthographical representation because of the great variance in pronunciation of vowels in English.

If you want a phonetic orthographical represenation, start writing everything in IPA, and hope that people will catch on.
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:07 pm GMT
Every language has its history of being reformed. Why not English?
Maybe many people will use this reformed English more better than Modern English. So, why not?

It is impossible to come up with a good orthographical representation because of the great variance in pronunciation of vowels in English.

How come impossible? Because you're lazy?
Oh, you can adopt many alphabets from another languages like ä,ö,å to represent pronunciation features.
So, why not?

If i want it, all English speaking govs shall need it. So, it has to work.
zxczxc   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:10 pm GMT
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:15 pm GMT
zxczxc Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:10 pm GMT
http://www.thinking-approach.org/index.php?id=249

Because English spelling is very corrupt, EU wanna reform it?

So, why not USA do it ?
Many ppl have already known English spelling and pronunciation are not cognate, then why not improving it? because of the opposition from the lazy people?
zxczxc   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:17 pm GMT
I don't think you understand the joke.
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:24 pm GMT
zxczxc Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:17 pm GMT
I don't think you understand the joke.

But this joke means what?

English spelling needs to be reformed

We shall be clapping our hands for its creativity.

So, why shall we not be creative?

We are creative, so we shall reform this poor English spelling system.
zxczxc   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm GMT
The English language is anything but poor in any regard. The joke of the website is that reforming our language has political biases behind it, especially if it were to come from foreign forces like the EU. That might give you a clue, but if it doesn't then I bid you farewell, Sieg Heil!
English reformer   Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:33 pm GMT
zxczxc Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm GMT
The English language is anything but poor in any regard. The joke of the website is that reforming our language has political biases behind it, especially if it were to come from foreign forces like the EU. That might give you a clue, but if it doesn't then I bid you farewell, Sieg Heil!

You see the problem there, so you need to go there to solve it.
We have seen the English spelling and pronunciation not be cognate, then why not to solve it? This is quite abnormal and ridiculous!
I don't care whether that joke is behind the politics factor or not, but it tells us that "English spelling shall be reformed immediately",
if not, why not creating "Americanish" or go back to unify with UK now?