Foreigners who speak English like native speakers

Sho   Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:38 pm GMT
I pronounce the word 'wierd' as /wI@`d/(XSAMPA), so the vowel sound is the same as the one in ear or beer.

Txema, I wonder if you can upload a recording of your accent in English, if at all possible. It'd be very interesting to listen to:)
many   Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:45 pm GMT
i came to the us when i was 13 years old and i've always been around american people since my friends and step dad were americans. Do you think is it possible for me to lose my portuguese (brazil) accent. i am really willing to lose it...
Damian in London E16   Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:07 pm GMT
Hold the front page....latest breaking news from the front line:

POLAND INVADES GREAT BRITAIN

........and it's mega cool....I loved them coming to my checkout till when I was doing spare time work at Tesco. I liked their accents, even when some of them could hardly speak any English, but a fair number of them speak English really well and it's really nice to listen to them. Sadly I was prohibited by staff rules from engaging in conversation with them apart from the basics of the job in a busy supermarket environment but it's amazing what results are produced by just a few words all done with an engaging smile.....a lot of them are so mega dishy....

Anyway, the top and bottom of this Great Polish Invasion all over the UK is the appearance of signs in the Polish Language all over the place, including the stores and supermarkets. It looks such a difficult Language with whole strings of consonants one after the other, mostly Cs and Zs!

My dentist here in London is actually from the Czech Republic and actually makes a trip to the dental surgery a pleasure....with the perfect English, beautifully accented, coming down at you as you sit there with gob wide open.

http://www.freshplaza.com/2006/11sep/rn2_uk_polishspendsupermakets.htm
Uriel   Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:11 pm GMT
The director of A Knight's Tale (Brian Helgeland) shot the film somewhere in Eastern Europe, which he characterized as a part of the world dedicated to single-handedly keeping the last 5 letters of the alphabet alive.