Problem about one word.

LVN   Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:12 pm GMT
What is the word "fuck" mean?
Please share more experiences by giving some examples.
Thank advanced!
zxczxc   Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:19 pm GMT
Fuck is an extremely versatile word. It primarily means "have sexual intercourse with" or "penetrate", e.g. "Janet and John fucked", or "John fucked Janet" (the other way round would sound strange). You'll often hear "Fuck off", basically meaning "Go away", and the more American "Fuck you". There are also a myriad of terms, such as "fuck around" meaning "to mess about", which use the word. But just be sure of this: it's not to be used in polite company.
Mr.free advice   Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:02 pm GMT
LVN

Learn educated words instead.
M56   Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:25 am GMT
Is "fuck" not an educated word then?
Robin   Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 am GMT
On the plane coming back from Poland, my seat was broken so it could not be locked in the upright position.

When the air hostess, asked me to 'lock my seat' in the upright position, I replied "Broken!"

I could have said: "My seat is broken"

I was not feeling particularly helpful, so I just said one word which she did not understand. After a while, she came back, and said 'broken' and I could see that she had asked someone what 'broken meant'.

If I had been trying to be more helpful, I could have used some alternative words, like 'Kaput', which is a German word.

Alternatively, if I wanted to be rude, or a little bit coarse, I could have said: "fucked!" "The seat is seat is fucked!"

If I was in a really bad mood, I could have told her to "F**k Off !!!".

If I thought she was not a very good Air Hostess, I could have remarked to someone else, that she was "Fucked up".

Alternatively, I could say, that the seat was "Fucked up!"

There is a Clothes Shop called "French Connection" and it is based in the UK. Someone decided to print their name on the clothes that they were selling. FCUK

FCUK, is very similar in spelling to a forbidden word. So similar in fact, that you may well get similar results if you do a Google search on the word.

For a long time, French Connection Clothes were very popular among young people because they had "FCUK" in big letters on them.
Emily   Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:00 am GMT
Why would you want to use that kind of words in a sentence what is the reason for that. I think is preposterous. Young kids at age nine are using these kind of words only because these uncaring parent are not willingly to care and provide a perfect example to those kids. however i strongly suggest Robin to use a dictionary to find some words for his limited vocabulary.

Robin you seem to be a unpatient person why on earth would you want to insult a person who was trying to help you out. We don't need people like you in our world we already have enough drama in this world why create more drama huh....? explain.

If you are angry or pissed do not take it on people who have failed to understand you OK be patient. I myself am Air Hostess and when people like you take all the drama that goes on in your life on us do you know how it makes us feel. anyways i think i am going way of the question here.

I think the word "fuck" is a slang term for intercourse and others may use the word when they are not in a good healthy mood, and some others may use when their vocabulary is limited like substituting the word "broken" with "fucked"
M56   Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 am GMT
<If you are angry or pissed do not take it on people who have failed to understand you OK be patient.>

Does the word "pissed" above indicate a wide vocabulary on your part? Would you like "young kids at age nine" to use it?
Emily   Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:47 pm GMT
sorry.......... my bad.

kind of a hypocryt I am
Dan   Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:37 pm GMT
what is your problem M56 what is wrong with people trying to express themselves by using offensive words and yeah Emily you are a hypocryt, but lucky you i can understand where you are coming from. M56 she only wanted peace. Don't hold a grudge and feel resentment towards her for that, because that just aint right.

and what is wrong with the word "pissed", it is not half as offensive as the word "fucked" anyway you need to calm yourselves down dudes ......
oh yeah another thing (cough cough) mayn that was a nasty one (uhum uhum) anyways what was i saying again ..........never mind ........oh yeah she apologised did she not...? atleast have the decentsy to forgive her .....
oh yh Emily you are really awfull telling someone something not to do and then you do it yourself what is that all about. Just don't do it ever again it just aint right u get me.

people people people....... restore peace on this earth dont get agitated at every little thing a person does wrong. that is just not right. Just don't think i am a hypocryt am just correcting your mistakes na'mean.

oh yh another thing........ i forgot anyways ...uhm can someone tell me WHY i am getting involved in this conversation. It is really non of mah bizzness.LOL ROLF LOL
M56   Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:47 pm GMT
<what is your problem M56 what is wrong with people trying to express themselves by using offensive words>

Nothing at all. In the right context. My message to Emily was fuckin' ironic.

;-)
Robin   Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:16 pm GMT
Dear Emily: I did not use the 'F' word, I said to the Air Hostess, that the seat was 'Broken'. It is true that people who have a limited vocabulary use the 'F' word a lot. It is also true that it is used by a lot of young children. Children whose parents use the 'F' word a lot.

I am in my second week of a Higher (Scottish Qualification) in English. We were asked to look carefully at two passages. In the second passage, the 'F' word came up. The context was of a small child in a Primary School talking to himself, ("Feathered Choristers": Brian McCabe).

The sad reality is that the 'F' word is used very commonly, and is heard on Television. If you want, you can watch a television program called:

The F-Word - new Channel 4 show with Gordon Ramsay

www.channel4.com/life/microsites/F/fword/

I have just looked at the site, and it has another forbidden word:

Pimp that snack - The Jaffa Quake

"Pimp" is a very dodgy word, and in this context, means to make bigger. The 'Jaffa Quake' is a much bigger version of a Jaffa Cake, one of my favourite biscuits.

I should explain that 'Gordon Ramsay' is a celebrity Chef, who frequently swears in his kitchen.

Bye for now
Mary   Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:24 am GMT
LVN,
Examples are a great way to learn. I suggest you rent (or download :-, ) the movies "The Big Lebowski" and "Pulp Fiction". Both are classic American movies that happen to use the word "fuck" very often: 260 and 265 times, respectively.
Guest   Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:30 am GMT
?
Tommie   Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:04 am GMT
I'm having a fuck of a day.
zxczxc   Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:29 pm GMT
Robin, in your first post you said that it's acceptable to say that the air hostess is "fucked up" - that's wrong. Her service might be fucked up, but if she were fucked up herself she would be in an agitated or physically injured state.