accent perfection

Jibby   Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:42 am GMT
Hello there. First off, let me explain that I have been living in America for 10 years (I moved from Russia), so my American accent is really quite good; however, there is a trace of a foreign intonation. My goal is to completely get rid of it. Are there any practical exercises (for example, listening to an ebook and imitating the speech for 20 min a day) that you guys can suggest? I don't know why I'm so obsessed over it - it just seems that sometimes I don't speak as clearly as I should be and it bothers me.

also, do you guys know if it possible to pick up a different accent (say Australian or British) just for the hell of it? It might be useful to be able to switch to such an accent at will, since I might consider a career in acting.

~thanx
CRZY GUY, YOU ARE   Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:34 am GMT
LOL...DUDE GIVE THAT MONEY TO YOUR CUTE WIFE INSTEAD OF WASTING IT ON GETTING RID OF YOUR INTONATION. BY THE WAY, NOWADAYS AMERICAN ACCENT OR PERHAPS ANYTHING THAT IS AMERICAN IS DETESTED ALL OVER THE WORLD. I HOPE YOU DONT WANNA BE BLOWN UP BY A MUSLIM FANATIC. BE YOURSELF AND RETAIN YOUR A SMALL PIECE OR SOEMTHING OF YOUR NATIONALITY THAT MIGHT SAFE YOU FROM ANY PERILS LAY AHEAD. PEACE UP, DUDE.
Robin   Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:36 pm GMT
It might be an idea to learn the Koran: It could save your life.