scholorship

johnsaw   Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:59 am GMT
I am looking for a supervisor to apply for a scholorship.
To submit the application for a scholorship, I need two required documents.
(1) detailed study proposal ( supervisor should sign on it )
(2) invitation of the university in writing duly signed by the host professor

I will attach my proposal when I write a letter to the supervisor.
How can I tell to the supervisor politely that I need that two things?
Robin   Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:34 pm GMT
Be sure to use your Spell Checker !!!!

scholarship
Letter   Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:07 pm GMT
Dear Sir/Madam:
With all due respect, I must respectfully insist that you sign my detailed study proposal immediately as well as an invitation of the university, and I need it yesterday. Thank you for your compliance.

Sincerely,
[Your name]
Robin   Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:13 pm GMT
<<<With all due respect, I must respectfully insist that you sign my detailed study proposal immediately as well as an invitation of the university, and I need it yesterday. Thank you for your compliance.>>>

If you do not submit to my request, I will ask Mario to pay you a visit.

(I am trying not to offend too many nationalities.)
Liz   Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:25 pm GMT
<<Dear Sir/Madam:
With all due respect, I must respectfully insist that you sign my detailed study proposal immediately as well as an invitation of the university, and I need it yesterday. Thank you for your compliance.>>

With all due respect, two "respect" bits in one sentence are more than enough, in this respect. :-))
Jim   Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:42 am GMT
Do yourself a favour and ignore Letter's suggestion. You don't insist you request. You don't say you want it immediately. "I need it yesterday." is pure smart-arse. It's not compliance it's a favour.

How do you talk politely to your supervisor? What kind of a person is he/she? What kind of a relationship do you have with him/her?