please help me quick i'm stuck!!!

Elly   Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:17 pm GMT
What influence does the media have on school work.........?
JW   Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:26 pm GMT
I fail to see what this question has to do with the English language.
Robin   Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:07 pm GMT
The Media in the UK and in other developed counties is extremely important, and is the context within which people live their lives. Peope watch a lot of television.

Thinking about the English Language, the media can develop and change the language. When you think about it, the media is a form of communication, and so is language.

Also, specifically with respect to the English Language. It is extremely important what 'accent', 'dialect', etc is being used. If you are a Welsh person, you may well feel that at least some programs should be in your native tongue, however well you might know English.

Personally I am very disturbed and concerned if in an American Movie, the 'Badie' has an 'English Accent'. I can remember one film in which the 'Badie' looked like Richard Branson, the boss of Virgin, and a famous self publicist.
Uriel   Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:19 pm GMT
Usually in American movies, the villain (or baddie) will have an American accent .... like everyone else in the movie. Quit complaining when we go all multi-culti and include a few other nationalities in the cast! ;)