Espanol e Italiano, creeis vosotros que son intimos?

Lylyanne   Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:03 am GMT
A gente escreve: ''Você anda, triste, por quê?''
e naum ''Andas triste, porquê?''
gringo aloprado
Gringo   Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:52 pm GMT
Lylyanne

As usual you write like a very ignorant person. No one writes "naum" in Brazil, the word does not even come in the dictionary.

Probably you speak the way you write and have no social life, otherwise someone would have explained to you a long time ago, and in more than one way, why you do not call people "aloprado" (crazy).
Calling people "aloprado" shows how ridiculous you are.You don't even know that "aloprado" in the Nordeste means "gifted".
You also have little or no knowledge about conventions. For someone that makes the apology of the "natural language" you look way too hypocrite when you talk about grammar.
Lylyanne   Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:42 pm GMT
''No one writes "naum" in Brazil, the word does not even come in the dictionary. ''

try to google

Resultados 1 - 10 de aproximadamente 1.230.000 para naum site:br (0,25 segundos)

so please shut up

you don't know zip about Brazil and its linguistics
Gringo   Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:13 am GMT
Lylyanne I said dictionary.
Naum is a name : Naum da Silva
Naum is a saint: Saint Naum
Naum is a book in the Bible's Old Testament

"naum" is used instead of the word "não" when one wants to imitate a regional accent in a very informal and badly written text:

Eu "naum" me lembro de ti.

I "du not" remember you.

If you go to google .pt you get:

Resultados 1 - 10 de cerca de 43.300 para naum. (0,03 segundos).

Look up in the dictionary the word "naum" and find its meaning.

It is surprising you do not write in English the way you write in Portuguese. It would be very interesting.
Francisco   Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:50 pm GMT
I agree completely with you this time Gringo.
Mainha   Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:26 am GMT
In my dictionary I can find the word NAUM

''Guia de usos da língua''
[maria helena de moura neves, unesp editora]

naum adv. coloquial = não

It's the same thing as NOPE in English.
You cannot say the word NOPE does not exist just because
it does not appear in many [older] dictionaries.
Roger   Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:09 am GMT
So typical of a handful of ignorant Brazilians trying to make something out of nothing, and trying to elevate themselves by putting the Portuguese language down - their very own language. I don't care what they say, the fact of the matter is that as long as they are using Portuguese, then their language is Portuguese, albeit, Brazilian Portuguese. When Brazilians stop using Portuguese and start speaking something totally different, then they can say that they do not speak Portguese. I am an Englisman who has spent 2 years doing business in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. I have also spent approx. the same amount of time in Portugal, in the cities of Porto, Coimbra and Lisbon . I am here to tell you that apart from the accent and some differences in vocabulary, the European and Brazilian varieties of Portuguese are as compatible as American English and British English. I always understood, and made myself understood equally well in both Portugal and Brazil. I am here to tell you that in my experience, Brazilians do not dislike the Portuguese - by far and large, there is really a mutual respect between these brother nations. Let me assure you that the few Brazilians on this forum who are so anti-Portuguese are in the very, very, very small minority, and their views are not representative of the vast, vast, vast majority of the Brazilian people.