Brennus : Canada-Quebec/English-French.

Pequeno almoço   Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:30 am GMT
Quebec people want minority rights in Canada, but they are not very tolerant of English-speaking minority in Montreal at all.

hypocrite [MW]
One entry found for hypocrite.

Main Entry: hyp·o·crite
Pronunciation: 'hi-p&-"krit
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
- hypocrite adjective
Moi LOLita   Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:34 am GMT
''from Anglo-French''

LOL
Filos Hippov   Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:21 am GMT
Pequeno almoço
"Quebec people want minority rights in Canada, but they are not very tolerant of English-speaking minority in Montreal at all."

Personnaly, I live in Montreal, I've many friends who're from "West Montreal" part and they don't feel we treat them bad. They are as quebecois as me and never I or they or even the separatists politicals groups would'nt like to cut that city in half. We're all aware that Montreal is a wonderful cultural place because there is this bilingual mixing between Francophones and Anglophones.
Furthermore I don't consider that having hospitals, schools, 2 universities over 4, all in english and bilingual services everywhere, can be considerated bad treatment even tv (like cbc) and papers (like The Gazette) and many radio stations are all in english in Montreal.
Montreal is a big exemple of tolerence and of what we do for anglophones in Quebec, which virtualy, will never happens in rest of Canada, of course!
I hope that one day Quebec will be independant and we (including anyone who live on his territory) will all take part in this "exciting boom" of building a new country.
Quebec independance is not just a way to protect french language in north america, it's a great "melting pot" of : culturals, politicals, economicals, historicals and internationals reasons.

"Etymology: Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritEs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai"

I don't know what's your source for that but he(or she) obviously not know much about ancient Greek language. cuz there is 2 major errors in this ancient greek form :
1- hypokrites actor : should come with an "s" to "actor" as it's the 3rd declination and the plural form and terminaison (nominative, masculin, plural). Or it shall be writen "hypokris" as the singular dental radical get the "T" down and is (3rd declination, nominative, masculine, singular)

2-hypokrinesthai
1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
- hypocrite adjective

even in the unusual part of adjectives "hypokrinesthai" cannot exist under that form, it's appear like an infinitive present middle-past verb or a participial form. In this verb or participial form, which not exist in ancient greek, shall be either this way : hypokrinestai, with a : "Teta" or a "Tau" depending of the form.

Moi LOLita

''from Anglo-French''

LOL

Yeah, in fact it's agreed that in old english 50%(at least) of the vocabular came from ancient french language, after William the Conqueror.