English is the hardest language to learn

Bruno   Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:13 pm GMT
I believes English is hardest language to learn. I am German but how is it that Germans is always saying how English is so easy yet they cannot even pronounce words begin with "V" and always pronounce it with a "W"? I hope I have mastered this simple part of the English language yet am having more problems with the very difficult grammar. Can anyone tell me harder language to learn? I hope my English is good.
Helga   Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:36 pm GMT
How can you be saying English is such the hardest language to learn!! You are a stupid man for saying such a thing. I am what has been learning English for many years now and am as fluent in it as German I am having you knows. You are a wery bad man.
Dieter   Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:40 pm GMT
Helga you are wrong! English is very hard language to learn! Bruno is right about our countryfolk not being ables to prounounce "V"s but I do not know why this is. To me this is a very simple thing and very insulting to the fine English peoples to whom we makes these mistakes! Helga...go to Hell!!
Vladimir   Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:21 pm GMT
Geehrter Bruno,

Ungarisch und Russich und auch Deutsch sind schwerer als Englisch.
Bruno   Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:37 pm GMT
Thanks to you Vladimir. Hungarian and Russian I do not know, though I might want to add Ancient Greek to that list. My head hurts just thinking about it. Ow!
Pete   Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:56 pm GMT
Being German, it's easier for you to learn English than for a Spanish speaking person. You're absolutly wrong in saying "English is the hardest language to learn". Perhaps, you're bad at learning languages and that's all.

There are languages that are harder to learn indeed. Just try Arabic, or some Chinese dialect, or maybe Peruvian Spanish. LOL

Pete
Lieselotte   Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:13 pm GMT
Ich war immer der Meinung, dass Deutsch viel, viel einfacher als Englisch sei. Wieso kann es denn schwieriger sein?
Lieselotte   Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:17 pm GMT
In case of anyone didn't understood my last message, I have written:

I was always thinking that German would be much, much easier than English. How it is then more hard?
Bruno   Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:27 pm GMT
Lieselotte, you are indeed a wise fraulein! Just thinking of others talking of further languages being harder than English language is making my 'sides roll' as they say in England LOL
Pluto   Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:50 pm GMT
How you can think English to have this difficulty. I am learning English just since one year and already I am fluent like the native speakers. when I was in England even they said me that I speak it more well than they. I always was correcting the mistakes they are making on their own language.
Bruno   Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:59 pm GMT
Pluto I think it's ironic that your name is Pluto, Mickey Mouse's dog, just like your English, which is also Mickey Mouse! I am finding it difficult to believe those native speakers are asking you to instruct them in their mother tongue! I'm imagining your corrections were erroneous.
Pluto   Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:11 pm GMT
My name is referring the planet, not the cartoon about the Mickey Mouse and his dog.

Yes, you are not correct, because already I am now becoming English teacher and teached much people the fluent English like I am speaking myself.
Liz   Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:23 pm GMT
<<How you can think English to have this difficulty. I am learning English just since one year and already I am fluent like the native speakers. when I was in England even they said me that I speak it more well than they. I always was correcting the mistakes they are making on their own language.>>

Well, I take your statement with a pinch of salt.

Your message should be something like that:

"How can you think that English is difficult / hard to learn. I have been learning English for a year, and I'm as fluent as a native speaker. When I was in England, they told me that I spoke English better than they did. I always corrected them when they made mistakes in their own language."

Now, you can correct me.

BTW, I completely agree with Bruno, however, it's rude of us to scare Pluto off that way.
Pluto   Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:32 pm GMT
Liz

But what is different on your one? Just you have wrote in bit different style. How this make my one is wrong?
Liz   Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:47 pm GMT
Pluto,

your English sentences are extremely ungammatical. I don't feel like going into details, but if you'd like to know why, I'll tell you. I don't want to hurt you, and don't want to have an argument with you, either. BUT: be a bit more realistic. Your English is far from being native-like (and that's an understatement), so don't be too complacent about it.

Don't get me wrong. I don't claim that after only one year learning you should emulate a native-like level of English. Your command of English might not be that bad in your case, but claiming that you speak better English than native speakers... is a bold claim, euphemistically speaking.

BTW, I re-wrote your message in the same style as you tried to write it. I just made an attempt to sort out your mistakes, and that made it different...Your messages are brimming with ungrammaticality, it is really hard to decipher what you want to say.