please identify this accent for me

Lisa   Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:48 am GMT
Hi people,
could you help me please?
Does anyone know what accent is used in this video?

I think it's British English with no Cockney elements at all.
I like the way [V] is pronounced: between shwa [@] and [U]: shutter '[S@ta].

Many thanks
(Is it an accent from Kent? I don't know)
Lazar   Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:42 pm GMT
My impression is that that guy comes from Northern England, mainly because he seems to pronounce words like "shutter" and "dust" with the phoneme /U/, rather than /V/ (in other words, absence of the foot-strut split). I'm pretty sure he's not from Kent, because in Kent they would definitely have the foot-strut split. Recently, I actually had the opportunity to speak to someone from Kent, and her accent sounded a little more London-influenced.