germanize the English language for fun

Guest   Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:16 pm GMT
<<« Guest » :

« My Ø at Ø.

The Ø-Ø bickering over the best way to Ø ↔'s weapons has led to maybe the highest Ø of Ø-French feeling in the Ø Ø since 1763.

A French-owned innkeeping business, Ø, has ↔ down the three-hued ↔. In the House of forstanders, the head of the heedØ on overseeing has named anew French Ø "freedom chips" and French toast "freedom crispy bread" in mealhouses.

To which the ↔ arises: Why stop with Ø, Ø ↔, and the Ø (only the Ø Ø flights)? Let's ↔ to the heart of this hornet's nest: A ↔ share of the words in today's English are of - ↔! - French wellspring. What if, as an upshot of today's Ø ↔, the French ↔ for ↔ words back? We could all be speechlorish haftlings.

It is time for English-speaking folk to throw off this Ø overlordship and say forth our speechlorish freedom. It is time to cleanse the English tongue. It will ↔ some hardship on everyone's lot to become wont to the new speech. But think of the aftergladness on the day we can all stare the Ø Ø in the eye and say without fear of comeback: " Sumer is icumen in...." ».

Pas mal. Peut mieux faire. >>

Why take out the Scandinavian words? Nowhere does it say the text was Anglo-Saxonized, but Germanicized. Norse words are still Germanic, as are the French words 'group' and 'seize'. Aside from the odd one or two words like 'Level' and 'Cultural' most of the Latin derived words are names of proper nouns, hardly what you would call lexical.
And why take out the word 'asking'?
Guest   Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:20 pm GMT
The word 'big' has been taken out. Big is of unknown origin. So, you can't be sure if its an English word but you can't be sure if its a foreign word either.
WOW   Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:49 pm GMT
Another intelligent post, are there someone here who is not under 14 years old??
Guest   Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:00 pm GMT
A matter of opinion and no-one gives a shit about yours.
Guest   Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:15 pm GMT
Exactly like none gives a shit about yours
Guest   Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:06 pm GMT
none? don't you mean no-one? learn to speak English proper you retard.
Guest   Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:56 pm GMT
Who you calling a retard? You big gay. woohaha did you see what I did?. I called you a gay.
Guest   Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:31 pm GMT
I can't care less to learn english fucking retard, learn you to spaek another language english-moron
Fred   Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:27 pm GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to the thread, (although it is better than the last few posts). I first saw it stuck to the side of an E3 processing machine in 1975...

ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen peepers!

Das machine control is nicht fur gerfinger-poken und
mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowen fuse, und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.
Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur
geverken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseenen
keepen das cotten picken hands in das pockets,
so relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
greg   Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:48 pm GMT
« Guest » : « Why take out the Scandinavian words? Nowhere does it say the text was Anglo-Saxonized, but Germanicized. Norse words are still Germanic, as are the French words 'group' and 'seize'. »

Mais parce que ça permet d'élargir le débat : pourquoi se limiter aux emprunts au français ? D'autre part personne ne conteste la germanicité ultime de <groupe> & <saisir>. Il n'en reste pas moins que l'anglais n'a hérité du germanique ni le premier ni le second. C'est le français qui a permis la réintroduction de ces étymons avec leurs sens respectifs. D'ailleurs, au passage, chapeau bas à l'italien duquel le français a repris <groupe>.