WRITEN ROMANIAN

A-S   Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:27 pm GMT
<<Nobody gives a flying rat's ass about some country of nobodys? Romania is a shit stain of Europe, the country's so bad, the people are tripping over themselves to get out of there. Romanian doctors, lawyers, etc are flocking to Spain just to pick fucking oranges! They rather pick fruit because it pays more than their professions back in Romania, now THAT IS SAD. Romania has absolutely nothing to contribute to E.U. Romania is a country of nothing inhabited by nobodys. Period. >>

Il faut tourner sept fois sa langue dans sa bouche avant de parler!
Qui sème le vent récolte la tempête.
eu   Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:53 pm GMT
I apologise for the following deviation, to everybody who expects languages discussions and not politics or history. I consider important to give a chance to this forum colleague (which, very well could be a Romanian) , to make him understand the necessity of going deeper and analyse better a situation before he making such primitive statements.

This is not a forum to discuss such things and I won't continue for this matter... I wanted only to make this forum colleague understand that the actual situation of this country is not to be accounted to Romanians only:

Yes, maybe that is the situation in the actual Romania (with the doctors and other professionals being underpaid), but that is not the reason to speak or think like that about a nation.

The fact and the matter is that Romania finds itself in this situation because Germany started a war. Then, let's not forget that Yalta was the place where Britain, USA and Soviet Union divided Europe in zones of influences. By totally ignoring what Romanians, Hungarians, Bulgarians, Polish, Check and other former communist nations wished to do with their lives, they went with a pen over Europe's map marking their percents of influence. That was so that among all, Romania have gotten under the highest Soviet influence - 90%; (Bulgaria 60%, Hungary 50%....etc).

No matter that in the end, all these percents didn't mean anything for the soviets (which took a total control over it) but you cannot go over this moment so easy and disregard Romania's right of existence.

Germany did a barbarian act starting a war and forcing Romania (by conditioning its non occupation by an alongside participation in the war) and this barbarian act has been continued at Yalta by the leaders mentioned before. Yalta's act has produced to modern Romania the most catastrophically effect. Even today, Romania is paying tribute to the mean politics and ignorance of others.

I know is sad, I know you are mad but do you think that if Romanians had the chance (in 1945) to decide by themselves the future of their lives, would they chose communism? Would they let themselves expropriated, arrested and killed all these decades? Do you really think so?

Take care of yourself!

P.S.
1. I personally expect more help for Romania from the actual European countries, (especially Germany and Britain) to bring Romania to the status it used to be. If Romanians what you hate so much weren't been fighting the Turks for centuries, Germany and other countries could very well speak and dance Turkish today!

2. Working is not a shame and if doctors decided to work on the field, what's the problem? Why is that such a blameable thing? It is better to steal? To rub?
There were times in our European history when other nations did exactly as the Romanians are doing right now. (Italians, Portuguese, Spaniards, Irish and English people, Germans). We only get to this point now, because we have been occupation up until now...
Count Fuck-You-La   Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:03 am GMT
On the topic of written romanian: Is the language Latinized Slavic, or Slavicized Latin...well to me it's both. THe romanian language was originally written in Cyrillic. Most vlachs in the bulgarian kingdom and were educated in the bulgarian orthodox church...that explains why most of the religious words are from bulgarian and old church slavonic. sure they try to change the language, but they were only successful at the lexical point, romanian still has slavic prefixes like prea, ne, and suffixes like 'nic' ex. puternic, vresnic, and 'tie', 'nie'.. how romanian forms future tenses in verbs is like how a slavic language does like , o sa slujesc, vom sluji, vei sluji, as sluji, etc.. the 'î' sound is slavic. i can go on but i dont have much time now but the point is that bulgarian and church slavic influenced romanian in more than just the vocabulary..
eu   Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:15 am GMT
Ok, and? Assuming that you are right, that's the reason to hate a nation?

About the influuences you talk about it is a lot to say...and we can discuss only if you want to have a honest , open dialog... what I don see it possible yet...

Take care!
Hercules   Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:28 am GMT
"a.p.a.m. Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:02 pm GMT
38% of Romanian is derived from French. Romanian, what a crap language. No originality."

Most of 30% of the English vocabulary is derived from French. English, what a crap language. No originality,
Count Fuck-You-La   Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:59 am GMT
(Most of 30% of the English vocabulary is derived from French. English, what a crap language. No originality,)

I would say so to, but english is a little different because the French were actually IN ENGLAND, and had control of it. Plus the english added the french words to their vocab instead of subsituting them. a tiny diffence.
Count Fuck-You-La   Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:04 am GMT
Eu, romanians are good at making excuses for why their country's in the toilet. Its the germans' fault! It's the hungarians' fault! it's the russians' fault! it's ceausescu's fault! well, if you've ever removed ur head from your ass, you'd notice that all of the above are no longer in power! romanians are in control of their own country...no more excuses....grow some balls and take care of your country.....don't be such a 'romanian'. hah!
eu   Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:33 pm GMT
You are totally in error and I don't have the time and energy to discuss on this subject anymore. In fact, you are free to think whatever you want but it won't change the truth or the reality.

Of course Romanians have their part of guilt for how they live today but if you think that Romania is free now, you are dead wrong. The Communists are still leading the country...this disease is not easy to eradicate and we only need more sacrifice, more struggle, that's all.

On the other hand, no matter how the Romanians are perceived by you and other people like you, the right over their existence is not laying on any human hands. That's a fact what many of us are effectively not getting...

Take care!

It is funny though when looking at some friends on this forum, they see Romanians and their language under influences of everybody, Bulgarians, Hungarians, Russians, Italians, French, Germans, Turks, Spanish, English and so on, only the true is avoided, and the real true is that they are the preserved/isolated remaining of ROMANS, Thracians and Macedonians and we try in any ways to survive! Romanians are alone and they need to wake up their conscience about that…That’s something what many still don’t realize…. and it is working against them.
Count Fuck-You-La   Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:25 pm GMT
Yep...more excuses, your country and languages were under influences from many other countries....Boohoo! You and every other country can claim that. Get in line, romanian! Your situation is not special at all, it's typical. By the way, the romanans were in britain for twice as long as the romans were in dacia...they could easily claim that they are descended from romans, but they don't, because they're not that delusional. France was devistated in ww1 and ww2, you don't seem them bitching and complaining, do ya? both france and britian live themselves up to power by claiming themselves as a force to be reckoned with....they did not claim legitimance by clinging to the notion that they are the true descendants of rome...

you don't improve your country by bitching, whining, and moaning how it's other countries' faults centuries ago, or by claiming that the politicans are corrupt....they are there because you let them. Do something about it, romanian....quit being such a weenie!
eu   Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:28 pm GMT
I can see now that it is a non sense to continue ....I'm not trying to convince you about anything ...anymore!

Have a great day!
Count Fuck-You-La   Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:35 pm GMT
(I can see now that it is a non sense to continue ....I'm not trying to convince you about anything ...anymore!

Have a great day!)

Of course you can't. You're romanian. :P
Grease,Off Topic   Tue May 01, 2007 11:43 am GMT
Count Tra-la-la,spare some time to think. For more than 400 years Romanians had been up standing against the turks.Maybe Romanians weren't quite as unuseful as you may think,since they contributed just a little bit to the fact that you are not speaking Turkish today.
Lambert   Wed May 02, 2007 1:45 pm GMT
The Romanians prevented the Turks and other Asiatics from invading and settling in central and western europe. Instead, all of those Turks and Asiatics ended up living in Romania. Hey, thanks Romania!
Romanian Fan   Wed May 02, 2007 2:04 pm GMT
Why do non-French Neo-Latin speakeras hate Romanians? They're also Latins whether you like it or not.

Don't you know that Romanian grammar idthe closest to Latin grammar? As in Latin, it's nouns are highly inflected depending on the case whereas in Western Romance languages, it disappeared.

La revedere!
OldAvatar   Thu May 03, 2007 6:42 am GMT
Regarding the religious terms, you have to understand that the Slavic words were imposed. Some of them couldn't get into the language and couldn't replace the Latin words used. Here's a small list of Latin words which remained in Romanian language:

biserică (from Latin "basilica") - church
binecuvântare (from Latin "bene + conventus") - blessing
altar (from Latin "altarum") - altar
preot (from Latin "praesbiter") - priest
cartea sfântă (from Latin "charta + sancta") - holy book
cruce (from Latin "crux") - cross
botezare (from Latin "baptizare") - baptism

And there are some others. So, please, don't behave as some Romanians do, exaggerating the real facts. Try to be objective and your critics will be appropriated. I know that some Romanians don't assume their history or they're doing it wrong, but you shouldn't counterattack such oppinions by going on the other side and act like they do but in opposite direction.

Best regards