Does English risk being replaced?

Guest   Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:44 am GMT
Yeah, Rock gives me a headache. I much prefer Metal.
Sagen   Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:15 pm GMT
>> Yeah, Rock gives me a headache. I much prefer Metal. <<

Lol. I just saw someone take her grandma to a Metal concert. Boy was she out of there fast.
Guest 2   Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:41 am GMT
"Yeah, Rock gives me a headache. I much prefer Metal."

Rock gives you a headache, but Metal doesn't?
Guest   Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:57 am GMT
Guest   Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:31 am GMT
"Yeah, Rock gives me a headache. I much prefer Metal."

It meant as a sarcastic statement.
Pash   Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 am GMT
<Does English risk being replaced, in the foreseeable future if not in the near one?>

No. The Chinese government have just decided to embrace English wholeheartedly.
bqbq   Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:22 pm GMT
English will be replaced by Engrish
Guest 2   Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:34 pm GMT
"English will be replaced by Engrish"

Engrish? No clue what that is...never heard of it.
Guest 2   Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:36 pm GMT
>>"Yeah, Rock gives me a headache. I much prefer Metal."

It meant as a sarcastic statement. <<

Ah, sorry. lol, can't really read sarcasm.
Guest   Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:37 am GMT
>> Engrish? No clue what that is...never heard of it. <<

Sort of mangled English spoken by foreigners:
eg. "Have a nice fright (flight)", by people who lack the l/r distinction
And on a sign for a shop: Here we good speeke English.
Guest 2   Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:53 am GMT
ohhhh....lol, thanks
big 12 year-old   Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:52 am GMT
To anyone who believes in religion:

Is it not selfish to partake in religion solely for the purpose of being saved? I have heard it echoed in your comments over and over, " ..........I am doing it to be saved."

If your Gods (whoever and whatever they maybe) are so worthy, why are they so selfish as to require you to proclaim your unwaivering love for them, and persuade you by offering eternal life and redemption? How self-serving is it to do any deeds on this earth in their name---just so you can be saved?????
Hypocritical bitches. All of you.

Just be a good person in your own name and let no one judge you ----but you are all too scared and afraid to let yourselves not be ensured eternal salvation. Are you really not capable of making your own descissions about right and wrong without someone holding your hand the entire journey, telling you if you make a boo boo, and ask for forgiveness, you will still be loved? IDITIOTS!!!

Religion is the root of most wars and violence. Ignorant people waiting for their God to tell them to do something noble is the root of most irresponsible governments (yes, America, I am refering to you--- biggest blundering idiots of all!!)

PS: I am American and I detest all of you who do not educuate yourselves beyond the main stream, coporate controlled media!!!!!!!

Pss: To anyone proclaiming complete belief in islamic faiths.....100 virgins await you, just do something stupid to claim your reward.........(virgins suck anyway, experience is where it's at>>>>>>>>)
Tysson   Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:53 am GMT
Ha! I find it kinda funny no one has been outraged by the entry above this yet...
Tysson   Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:17 pm GMT
Still no-one has responded? Daaaamn...
Guest   Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:36 pm GMT
"Does English risk being replaced?"

Lol, no, because the Americans on a whole are too stupid to learn any other language.