The pronunciation of "Mxsmanic"

Uriel   Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:10 am GMT
Aren't blazars, quasars, and double radio sources all active galaxies seen at different angles?
Mxsmanic   Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:24 am GMT
Tom's original surmise is correct: I pronounce it em-ex-ess-manic. There's an IPA transcription of the name on my Web site.
Guest   Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:28 am GMT
Who's Mxsmanic? And what would a manic of Mxs be?
Jim   Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:54 am GMT
"Maxmanic" is still easier to say; though, if ever I have the pleasure of meeting you in person, I'll be sure to call you "Emexesmanic".
Lazar   Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:38 am GMT
<<Who's Mxsmanic?>>

Um...he's the opposite of Mxsdepressive.
Damian   Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:39 am GMT
I go for Mix-manic...that seems to come the easiest.

It's a wee bit like that Ms title some ladies use to describe their title or status (which is the acceptable word PC wise?) I say something like Muzz but the "U" is barely pronounced....I just go straight from the M to the S somehow but the S sounds more like a Z which can either be a Zed or a Zee depending on where Ms is. If you see what the hell I'm trying to say so early in the...yaaaawnnn...morning.
Guest   Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:28 am GMT
<<Um...he's the opposite of Mxsdepressive.>>

That's just short for Mxsmanicdepressive.
Uriel   Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:05 am GMT
But he only posts during his manic phases.

Next question: Why do you call yourself that?
Mxsmanic   Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:58 am GMT
I adopted the name long ago when I participated in forums incognito. My company had no problem with me offering advice on the products I supported, but preferred that I not identify myself with the company when doing so, so that it wouldn't sound like official statements (which might bind them legally).
Achab   Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:39 pm GMT
Mxsmanic, what's the addy of your website? Thank you.

Achab
Lazar   Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:08 am GMT
Psst....it's http://mxsmanic.com/

No, seriously, it is.
Mxsmanic   Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:22 pm GMT
Maxmanic   Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:44 am GMT
lol.