Do I have an accent?

Guest   Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:04 pm GMT
Comma Gets a Cure Copyright 2000 Douglas N. Honorof, Jill McCullough & Barbara Somerville. All rights reserved.

Here's the link:

Comma Gets a Cure

http://www.zippyvideos.com/1475941426369456/comma2/
Hmmm.   Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:36 am GMT
Haven't you already posted this under Travis's thread? You put your name under "Comma," right?

Some people thought that you had a speech impediment, but others said that it was just your accent and that many people from Wisconsin/Minnesota speak that way.
Travis   Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 am GMT
We should note that "Comma" from that other thread was not established to be an Upper Midwesterner; various individuals just thought they were one. Furthermore, the part about the whole "speech impediment" thing just being the accent was just me referring to myself and was not really in reference to "Comma" to begin with.
Liz   Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 pm GMT
Everyone has an accent. Do you mean: "Do I have a foreign accent?"
Guest   Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:14 pm GMT
There is a slight Asian touch to your accent. This is what I can detect. Though your accent is clear to understand and you have a good speaking voice. You would sound good on tv. My wild guess is either from Japan or China originally but living in USA now for years.
Presley.   Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:27 am GMT
I really don't mean to be rude, but it sounds like you have a cold and a speech impediment.
Guest   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:14 pm GMT
Hungarian?
Liz   Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 am GMT
<<Hungarian?>>

No way. If so, her accent is not typically Hungarian.
To me, she sounds like an Asian who has been living in the US for several years.
Suresh   Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:35 am GMT
Each and every one has an accent in the sense your way of speaking itself is your accent!!!