Could you please comment on this?

Jijia   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:12 pm GMT
A piece of story about my interview for a teacher's position:

Once upon a time I got a chance to take participation in an interview for a teacher's position. And first I thought it was easy to deal with, at least not difficult because I have sufficient confidence. Firstly, I was asked to give a brief self-introduction and during that, I think, I did very well because I put a lot of passionate words actions in my campaign speech in the hope to show my passion and energy. Then some questions were waiting for me: do you think it's suitable for a boy to be a teacher? ( Here, I committed a mistake ) I replied her: do YOU think it's suitable for a girl? She simply replied me by YES with a little angry ( I detected it from the tone of YES ). But now I have worked out a better answer to this question: Yes, certainly, why not. Look, nowadays boys and girls, males and females are equal to each other. And she gave me the second question: how long time do you think you can work with us? ( I committed another blunder ) I said: as long as I can. She uttered: you mean a day, one week or just the interview. After having gone back to my seat I was forced to accept " not to be hired " as the final result. Even though, things go like that, I am not regret because I am what I am. The face I display in front of your eyes is mine, meanwhile, I would say the women under the sky are almost too tough and rough. Once you cannot follow their threads, you won't get the result you expect. Thanks for you reading.
Geoff_One   Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:56 pm GMT
What sort of teacher's position?
Jijia   Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:48 am GMT
Standing on the stage between the blackboard and the students.
eito(jpn)   Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:48 pm GMT
>>Once upon a time I got a chance to take participation in an interview for a teacher's position.<<

Oh, "once upon a time"!? Why? Is this an old tale?
Jijia   Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:35 am GMT
Dear eito(jpn):
Thanks for your reply to my posts here.
I shall think I am not weaving a story imaginary for it is true so I begin with " once upon a time " .
I learnt from your name that you are likely from Japan, right? Your reply to my post on another sheet said that you don't understand why people want to meet or care about their partners whom they knew from the internet. I tell you now they want to do so because they are of friendly, of hospitably, of honesty and of sincerely. They ask this because they are curious about with whom they are talking.
Here, I have a question: why you Japanese are good at weaving?

I am looking forward to your favourable reply.

Thanks and best regards.
Jijia
Naldo   Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:20 pm GMT
Dear Jijia,
You posted exactly the same story some months ago.
Why did you put it up again?
Eito (jpn ) also visits the 'Do you like Brazilian' site. Maybe he is a Brazilian Japonese?
Geoff_One   Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm GMT
<<Standing on the stage between the blackboard and the students. >>

Teaching preschool, primary school etc?

Teaching mathematics, languages etc?
eito(jpn)   Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:55 pm GMT
Dear Jijia:

>>I shall think I am not weaving a story imaginary for it is true so I begin with " once upon a time " .<<

I asociated " once upon a time" with an old tale. I am sorry if that sounded rude to you.

>>Your reply to my post on another sheet said that you don't understand why people want to meet or care about their partners whom they knew from the internet. I tell you now they want to do so because they are of friendly, of hospitably, of honesty and of sincerely. They ask this because they are curious about with whom they are talking.<<

I did not say I didn't understand "why people want to meet or care about their partners whom they knew from the internet". That's your imagination. If you want to meet someone, please feel free to do so. What I meant was, it's not rude to ask someone about how they look when necessary to meet them.

>>Here, I have a question: why you Japanese are good at weaving?<<

What makes you think Japanese are good at weaving storys. Could you explain?

Waiting for your reply.
eito(jpn)
eito(jpn)   Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:00 pm GMT
>>Eito (jpn ) also visits the 'Do you like Brazilian' site. Maybe he is a Brazilian Japonese?<<

No, I'm not. I am a Japanese Japanese.
Guest   Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:08 am GMT
Dear eito(jpn):
Maybe just should move on or simply 'check it out' because I am only a learner of English, but we are not here for discussing or debating the political issues.
That the website your suggestion there really good.
Thank you and best regards.

Jijia
eito(jpn)   Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:15 am GMT
Dear Jijia:

>>Maybe just should move on or simply 'check it out' because I am only a learner of English, but we are not here for discussing or debating the political issues.<<

You are right, and now I understand. "To weave storys" could mean "to fabricate information", depending on the context. Sorry for the confusion. You meant no harm. And I meant no harm. We are just lerners of English. Poor lerners, maybe.

Speaking of being good at weaving storys, there are lots of "comic books" in Japan. One of my favorites is "Hikaru no Go", altho I myself do not play that game at all. I don't know the exact word for "Go(碁)" in English. It is also called "囲碁"(igo) in Japanese. I have heard that "Hikaru no Go" is called "棋霊王" or "棋魂" in Chinese. Have you ever read it?

Sincerely

eito(jpn)
eito(jpn)   Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:45 pm GMT
Jijia   Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:19 pm GMT
Dear eito(jpn):
Sorry for the late reply of mine. I have been very busy recently. But I think you are much friendlier than I think because we Chinese people would probably work our mind in another way. But here, I have an awareness that we have some common point --- to learn English or to boost English level.
And perhaps I cannot fully agree with your saying that " perhaps the poor learner " because I look these language as a kind of tool for communication and a manner for expression. Look, you can understand me, right? So I am saying definitely not the poor learners. If I was wrong, please let me know what the right thing is. Thanks a lot!
As far as the phrase " Hikaru no Go " is concerned, I understand it like a kind of chess that has several black and white chesses. I worked my mind like this because you say " 棋魂 " in your post. I like that game even though more often than not I lose.
With this chance, I like to have your E-mail address. I am asking it in the politely and friendly way.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and best regards.
Jijia
eito(jpn)   Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:58 am GMT
Dear Jijia:

Welcome back! English surely works as something like a tool for communication between you and me. We can write English, but still a long way to go. That's why we are here in this forum. That's why I described us as "poor learners". Please don't take it so seriously.

As for my e-mail address, I would not like to show it to you here, because innumerable people will see it. Sorry to have to disappoint you, but we can write to each other in this forum. Anyway, I'm sure we can continue this thread. Thank you.

Sincerely

eito(jpn)
eito(jpn)   Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:01 pm GMT