Review my pronunciation

Martin   Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:33 am GMT
Hello,

I decided to ditch my shyness and post this somewhere and found this board to be very suitable ;-).

I'm going to start working on a new project, where I will have to use spoken english. My problem is that I'm not a native speaker.

The important thing about the project is the information, so I don't need the pronunciation to be totally perfect (I will mention that I'm not English but I hope that the quality of the material will make up for it etc.) but I need to at least not sound funny.

Please review this pronunciation:

http://www.martin2007.wz.cz/record.mp3

I'm looking for constructive replies. Tell me how it sounds and more importantly, what I should improve and how.

Thank you
Martin
Martin   Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:09 am GMT
Also, please don't worry about hurting my feelings or something, I need to know the truth. Thank you :-)
Pete   Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:23 pm GMT
I like your accent, it's clear and nice sounding. Where are you from?
Martin   Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:27 pm GMT
I'm from the Czech Republic ;-)
JakubikF   Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:34 pm GMT
I think it's nice and definitely it is not funny. It is a very short record, a longer one would be better to discuss your accent. However, for me, you don't sound like a Slav. Although, I am not a native speaker I've assessed your record because I think that native speakers could be too perfect and they would accuse you of not important nuances ;)

Greetings from Poland my dear neighbour ;)