Scandanavians needed!

Guest   Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:33 pm GMT
We're trying to start a 'scandanavian' Sub forum.

But there's a slight problem :-) we have very few scandanavians.

Frederik , the swede, and others give it a try will ya?

http://www.langcafe.net/
Walker, Texas Ranger   Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:17 pm GMT
-Clapping my hands-
Go, go, you can do it!!

Spana in sidan vetja, den innehåller inte enbart språk utan även annat att dilla om, samt eventuellt ett exklusivt sub forum tillägnat oss (och andra).
The Swede   Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:13 am GMT
Well, I´m a bit careful to join that site.
Guest   Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:59 am GMT
>Well, I´m a bit careful to join that site. <

Why?
The Swede   Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:06 pm GMT
I want to tell it but not here at antimoon so I don´t know how I shall act.
Sander   Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:52 pm GMT
Then say it in Swedish!
The Swede   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:18 pm GMT
But people here can translate!
The Swede   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:21 pm GMT
Några åtminstone (some at least)
Sander   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:30 pm GMT
Only Texas ranger could, Swedish translators are rare.
Secret Police   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:33 pm GMT
Change one or two letters in each words, so that no one will be able to use a translator.
For ex, write 'Nåjra åtmonztone' for 'Några åtminstone'.
Walker, Texas Ranger   Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:40 pm GMT
Great idea, start rockin' the Enigma!
The 'duh' guy   Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 pm GMT
You could register there to tell Sander via a private message why you don't want to register there! :p
Mitch   Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 pm GMT
The Scandinavian languages (not counting Icelandic) are often said to be relatively easy for English speakers to learn. But is one of them easier than the others? In other words, are there enough differences between Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish that one of them would stand out as posing the fewest problems? I'm thinking of things like the pronunciation, how well the orthography fits the pronunciation, grammatical differences, etc.
Sander   Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:38 pm GMT
/me glares at the above post...
The Swede   Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:36 pm GMT
The "texas guy" can be the Swedish representant on that site. I think I prefer to stay here. Even if the security police gave a good advice.

Mitch, I think Norwegian is the closest one to English of those three. They have a clearer accent than Danish and they also tend to use more old words than Swedish. (It´s only my view of it) For example they say "alene", which means alone, in Swedish have also "alena" but we don´t use it so much, we say "ensam". In Norwegian and Danish they use the word "ting" more frequentely than we do. We have also the word "ting" (English thing, German Ding) but we say more often "sak", "pryl" or "grej" instead.