Jade's accent

Jade's accent   Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:12 pm GMT
Which british accent does she has? (That contestant from Big brother show).

Have a look at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsRNQUqAEMQ
Kendra   Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 am GMT
Cockney

[deunt kahm t mei]
Robin   Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:06 am GMT
People use the expression 'Cockney' much too loosely. 'Cockney' refers to a particular London accent.

Jade has a type of London accent. I would not like to hazard a guess. She has been described as an Essex girl. You would have to look at her life history to find out where she was born. Her accent is also likely to have been influenced by her parents.

I thinking of starting up a 'Jade Supporter's Club'. I have a lot of free time since the 'Allegro Owner's Club' folded.

Bye for now
Guest   Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:43 am GMT
Sarf London with a heavy mix of swine.
Liz   Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:11 am GMT
South-East London accent but not Cockney.

Why are you talking about her all the time? She's a loud, foul-mouthed, unintelligent scumbag. What she did to Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother is utterly disgraceful. However, I don't think she's racist (she is mixed race herself, his grandfather being black (from the West Indies).

I think the clash between her and Shilpa was due to class differences. Jade had a hard life as a child. She grew up without her father, who was sentenced to four years for burglary. She lived with her mother, who lost the use of one arm in a motorbike accident, and who made the five-year-old Jade roll her spliffs. Jade was later expelled from school, and was also involved in shoplifting. Her family background is more of underclass than working-class.
As opposed to her, Shilpa was born with a silver spoon with her mouth. She is upper-class, rich, famous and beautiful, and has good manners (unlike Jade).

I don't want to defend Jade. I just wanted to point out that her behaivour is not particularly racist - she would have bullied a girl like Shilpa, even if she weren't Indian. It's Shilpa's class, beauty and good manners that annoyed Jade and made her envious, not her being Indian.
Her Indian name and accent was just a "good" reason for Jade (and her "allies") to mock her.
Jade's accent   Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:21 pm GMT
Okay. It is all good. Jade has no fault. What about other girls who were laughing. One of them called Shilpa a "fecking w..ker"...that language was uncalled for. Their behaviour towards a foreigner was very scary. As a foreigner, I felt very low myself, a celebrity as big as Shilpa in our country, was treated like shit. I don't know what stuff ordinary foreigners have to go through in the UK.
Liz   Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:04 pm GMT
<<Okay. It is all good. Jade has no fault. What about other girls who were laughing. One of them called Shilpa a "fecking w..ker"...that language was uncalled for. Their behaviour towards a foreigner was very scary. As a foreigner, I felt very low myself, a celebrity as big as Shilpa in our country, was treated like shit. I don't know what stuff ordinary foreigners have to go through in the UK.>>

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say that. Jade DOES HAVE fault, just like the other two ... girls. (Should I say "merchant bankers"? I don't want to call them the way they called Shilpa.) Nothing can justify such a rude behaviour.

I was shocked, too. I would never have thought that a person over 18 would behave like that. That's ever so childish...as we know, children can be very very cruel. That reminds me of my primary school years when bullying was just par for the course, unfortunately.

BTW, I don't know why and how Jade, her boyfriend and her mum got in. It's CELEBRITY Big Brother after all. In my book they AREN'T celebrities.
Jade's accent   Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:08 am GMT
<<BTW, I don't know why and how Jade, her boyfriend and her mum got in. It's CELEBRITY Big Brother after all. In my book they AREN'T celebrities. >>

That's why it was even more insulting to see this stuff. I did not know about such nobodies until I saw them fighting on CNN. In short, these guys were insecure to the core and they needed a help of a phychiatrist.
For people's sanity sake, I hope not all British people are like these guys.
Liz   Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:43 pm GMT
<<For people's sanity sake, I hope not all British people are like these guys>>

I can assure you that the vast majority is not like that.
Real Ale Lover   Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:03 am GMT
Liz wrote:
"What she did to Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother is utterly disgraceful."

Yeah, but it was on BIG BROTHER = an asylum for loonies with their own TV broadcasting. The whole concept of Big Brother is that it's supposed to be a racist, unfriendly horror show of base human behaviour.