Please,rate my English level,which can I get from 1 to 10?

Tiffany   Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:28 am GMT
By the way, this is what Steve K. meant by "shortening up" your sentences: using more periods. They run on for far too long with commas.
Kevin from China   Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:00 am GMT
Thank you so much,I will try my best to improve all these.
Kevin from China   Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:22 am GMT
No more comments? please, come on, point out my mistakes, it's more efficient to learn from mistakes than from a grammar book, you know, I'm now just improving along with rectifying the mistakes I made occasionly
Guest   Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:09 pm GMT
it's strange to read my post posted two years ago, there seem no too many substantial improvements at all, maybe the only improvement is that now I know to add a space before commas and periods. Now my main problem of English learning remains listening comprehension. I often watch English TV but I don't find notable improvements in my listening comprehension. Am I really so awkward that I shall never make it on the language?
Tiara   Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:39 am GMT
Tiffany,

Could you explain this?

You wrote this:

<<
You suggested that I shorten up the length of my sentences. Well, sometimes I really DIDN'T know how to do so even though I WANT to. It SEEMS to depend on the sentences but not my mind. I COULDN'T control my own sentences well.
>>

I am confused over the tenses you used for the verbs that I capitalized in the above paragraph. You used the past tense (DIDN'T) and then the present tense (WANT) for something that happened simultaneoulsy. And then the present tense (SEEMS) and next the past tense (COULDN'T).

So could you, or any native speakers out there, explain this fundamental grammar?

Thanks.

(By the way, for Steve K and anyone out there who thinks English learners shouldn't study or analyze grammar, well, my above problem demonstrates that without understanding grammar there's no way learners could've understood how tenses are used in complex or advanced sentences)
Tiara   Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:31 am GMT
Please. Please. I'm serious.

I just realize Tiffany's posting was 2 years ago. So she might not notice my question to her.

So I really hope any native speaker would answer my quesion.
Tiara   Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:26 pm GMT
To Tiffany (OR ANY NATIVE SPEAKER),

Could you explain this?

You wrote this (as a correction to Kevin's writing):

<<
You suggested that I shorten up the length of my sentences. Well, sometimes I really DIDN'T know how to do so even though I WANT to. It SEEMS to depend on the sentences but not my mind. I COULDN'T control my own sentences well.
>>

Now,
I am confused over the tenses you used for the verbs that I capitalized in the above paragraph. You used the past tense (DIDN'T) and then the present tense (WANT) for something that happened simultaneoulsy. And then the present tense (SEEMS) and next the past tense (COULDN'T).

So could you, or any native speakers out there, explain this fundamental grammar relating to tenses?

Thanks.
ann   Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:40 pm GMT
hey how I can now hich lever am I?
Emily from Asia   Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:13 am GMT
In my opinion, I think your English is not bad.
Because you can express yourself fluently.
Though I can't not judge your rate, I agree that you have the level of college.