airline

Jijia   Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:06 am GMT
An international airline operates in more than one country.

I cannot understand this sentence.
Could you please help me?

Best regards.
Guest   Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:25 am GMT
This international airline (eg Emirates) takes passengers to more than one country. ( it means that it goes to many countries like USA, Canada, japan, China, UK and etc).
Josh Lalonde   Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 am GMT
Another way to say this would be: "The definition of an international airline is an airline that operates in more than one country." What exactly in the sentence do you not understand?
Jijia   Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:26 am GMT
An international airline operates in more than one country.

I understand it like:
this international airline is from country A to country B, and not a direct line. She will load in some countries else between A and B.
During her journey, she would take more passengers than others.

right?
Help me, please!

Best regards.
Albert   Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:21 am GMT
For me, means that the Airline has international flight. The airline could have enough airplanes to accommodate passengers going to different country.
Uriel   Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:29 am GMT
<<I understand it like:
this international airline is from country A to country B, and not a direct line. She will load in some countries else between A and B.
During her journey, she would take more passengers than others.>>

No. The sentence simply means that for an airline to be considered "international", it does business in more than one country -- even if it's only two countries. If it only did business in a single country, it would be considered "domestic". It has nothing to do with direct flights or layovers in a third nation or how many passengers it takes on.