popular names of dogs

AJ   Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:53 am GMT
What are the popular names of dogs in America??
Robin   Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:57 am GMT
Google "Dogs"

or go to "Google USA" and Google "Dogs".
Robin   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:02 am GMT
Sorry, I just realised that you mean, 'Names of Dogs' rather than 'Types of Dogs'.

So, Google "Names for Dogs"

You could try: Google "Names for Dogs" Rover

Pets.coloradosprings.com

City departments of public health track the names of dogs that are licensed with the city ... just 50 years ago Lucky, Faithful and Rover were all the rage. ...

pets.coloradosprings.com/feature_fullstory.jsp?id=5533 - Similar pages
Robin   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:04 am GMT
Bowwow.com.au
Guest   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:07 am GMT
Bush's doggie name is India. Is that true?
Geoff_One   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:26 am GMT
How about including dog like names:

Fido
Uriel   Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:35 am GMT
Well, when I was a vet tech, if I looked up the names in our data base, a lot of them were pretty creative, but there were also pages and pages and pages of animals named descriptively -- Tiny, Dusty, Lucky, Blackie, Bear, Patches, Shadow, Spot, Snowflake, Tiger, Ginger, Callie (as in calico) -- named for terms of endearment -- Baby, Angel, Princess, Honey, Sweetie -- common human names like Ashley, Katie, George, Tom, Jake, Charlie. There were lots and lots of Spanish variations on the same themes -- Chico/Chiquita, Princesa, Dulce (sweet), Oso (bear -- popular for chows and shepherds), Sombra (shadow), Negrita, Blanquita. Chato/Chata were especially popular for boxers and pit bulls (means flat-faced).
Victoria   Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:22 am GMT
I have a dog. She is called Twinkle. I rescue her. She is a chihuahua type of dog.
Uriel   Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:20 am GMT
My dogs are named Carlo, Roland, Rosie, Cactus Jack, and Slinky. I wasn't responsible for #'s 2 and 4!
Guest   Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:36 am GMT
It seems to me that Uriel has a factory of dogs at home. :)
Sarcastic Californian   Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:35 pm GMT
Bush's doggie name is India. Is that true?>>>>>

Nah, I heard it's "Barney". Freaky name...brings back memories of evil, purple dinosaurs...*shiver*
Guest   Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:07 pm GMT
<<<Nah, I heard it's "Barney". Freaky name...brings back memories of evil, purple dinosaurs...*shiver* >>>

But that suits Bush's personality very well. You can imagine the thinking of Mr.Bush's mind after reading that nickname for his doggie. Yea, shivers!
*&//>\\~`|   Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:18 am GMT
Good dog's name: George Bush. For the bitch, Georgina Bush
Christine   Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:24 am GMT
I heard recently that the most popular name for boy dogs is Max. That's probably true, but it makes me a bit of a sheep since my dogs name is Max. I named him after the dog from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Uriel   Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 am GMT
I DO have a bunch of dogs! I'm trying to cut back, though....

I'm trying to think of other people's pets that I know -- I have one friend whose Rottweiler is named Demetrius ("Big D"), and her big black mutt is named Sarah. Another friend named her dog (a husky mix) Lestat. Her cats are named Roger, Mister Twister, and Ms. Hathaway (from the Beverly Hillbillies show). Another friend's cats are named Demon, Salem, and Puck. (Sorry, that's a little off the topic, but cats are nice, too!)

I also know dogs named Ella, Pumpkin, Katy, Sunbeam and Blessing, Flare, Hunter, Gussie, Pup, Rocky, Saber, Madel, and Ito.