Brennus!

Liz   Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:19 pm GMT
Dear Brennus (or any other moderators around),

there is a thread with the title "My pronunciation system is the best one", which was once started by a troll and thus has descended into complete nonsense. I don't think it is possible to have a normal, sensible discussion there any longer, since that thread has become a hotbed of trollery. One person is writing a lot of messages, using pseudonyms and different personas, in order to defend his/her self-righteous, stupid and nonsensical views. At first I thought he/she was just deluded, but now I firmly believe that he is a troll. What is more, he took the liberty of abusing our names by writing all kinds of obscenities as if those had been posted by us.

I really don't see why this thread hasn't been deleted yet. You delete all the threads that stray away from the topic, even if they are sensible and interesting discussions (and not obscene in the least). I hope the only reason why you haven't shut down the above mentioned thread is that you simply ignored it...You don't have time to read all the threads carefully after all -- that is a fact I do appreciate. So, no offence is intended, however, I don't think you are as consequent as you should be as moderators. Sorry for my bluntness, though.

So, I humbly request you to shut down that thread.

Thank you in advance.

Liz
Guest   Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:43 pm GMT
oh come on, take it easy. Other threads used to contain much more nonsense in the past and they had stayed for much longer. No one had an issue with them. Moderators know their job and you dont need to tell it to them.

The best way to stop reading that thread and replying to it. That troll will seek attention somewhere else. People can solve their problems on their own if they want to but you know here everyone is GW Bush.
Josh Lalonde   Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:46 am GMT
It has really gotten out of control. There is no reason not to shut it down, and plenty of reasons to do so.
Geoff_One   Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 am GMT
Another moderator is mjd who has greater seniority, but not necessarily greater authority.
leena   Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:52 am GMT
guest i bet you are my superking. if you are him i encourage you to write more and more threads. just ignore and keep writing i know that you always help people for better english and everything you have said is your own views. people everyone has the right to say whatever he wants like the scientist when he says a theory, it is finally his own theory and people can agree with him or disagree ,otherwise we better stop insulting others.
Guest   Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:04 pm GMT
leena, I am def your superking but not that troll. All I was saying in my first post was that people need to show some patience and did not need to start threads after threads that had got nothing to with learning languages. If they dont like certain threads, stop replying to such threads. Starting such threads means more attention being given to trolls.
guest   Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:57 pm GMT
<<Starting such threads means more attention being given to trolls.>>

Some frequent flyers love to feed them.
Liz   Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:31 pm GMT
Thank you very much. Sorry then. :-)
leena   Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:22 am GMT
ooops i thought you that lovely guy. anyways i apologize for him, but i'm with my idea itself that we should listen to others and not attacking them if we didnt like what they say. sorry again
j   Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:28 am GMT
>The "English" forum is being moderated by mjd. >

mjd- what is it?
Liz   Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am GMT
<<mjd- what is it?>>

He / she is a moderator, like Brennus.