Which accent in Spanish?

furrykef   Sat May 05, 2007 12:56 am GMT
¿Qué?
Guest   Sat May 05, 2007 2:22 am GMT
>>I don't believe in this thing about jaw muscles. It's all in the mind. Can you provide us with a link to a scientific study that determined that jaw muscles have anything to do with it?

- Kef <<

It's the mind-muscle connection. The more you do something the better organised and neurally efficient the muscle group is at performing the action.
Guest   Sat May 05, 2007 2:26 am GMT
Or rather, it's called muscle memory...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory
Spaniard   Sat May 05, 2007 6:32 pm GMT
I like Argentinian accents. To me the accent of an educated Argentinian lady is the most beautiful accent - soft and musical - in this planet compared to any Spanish, English, French or Italian speaker(the languages I speak).
The worst Spanish accent: the accent in North Castile: harsh and harsh devoid of any charm.
furrykef   Sun May 06, 2007 12:28 am GMT
Muscle memory is all in the mind, though. It isn't a physical problem; it is strictly a mental one, and one that can be fixed with practice, just like developing any other muscle memory.

- Kef
Guest   Sun May 06, 2007 4:07 am GMT
Muscle memory is both in the mind and physical as the two are interdependent for the neurological phenomenon to occur. The problem isn't the process itself but the existing conditioned state which strongly behaves in a reflex manner.
saholder   Fri May 11, 2007 3:47 am GMT
Does anyone know of a website where one can listen to different Spanish speaking accents and imitate it? If so, I would like to visit it.
Roberto   Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 pm GMT
Good question, I'm interested too
Ivan   Wed May 16, 2007 9:04 pm GMT
The best way to listen to other accents is to listen to local radio stations over the internet. Just listen to the following radio station in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico at www.nuevacasasgrandes.org
Jenny Davis   Sun May 27, 2007 2:49 am GMT
I was wondering what kind of name is it or if it's Mexican or asian or
indian or sweden or German or Moroocan or French or anthing like that.
K. T.   Sun May 27, 2007 5:32 am GMT
"Does anyone know of a website where one can listen to different Spanish speaking accents and imitate it? If so, I would like to visit it."

and

"Good question, I'm interested too"

I was also interested (Me three!) so I "googled" and came up with
Centro Virtual Cervantes. Once you get there, go to "Los sonidos" then you can choose between accents in Spain and accents outside of Spain.

Hope this works for you.