''camcorded'' or ''camcordered''

SpaceFlight   Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:38 pm GMT
Which do you use? I've heard both used.
Frances   Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:41 pm GMT
I've only heard the first one being used and only use the first one.
Tiffany   Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:41 pm GMT
How about just simply recorded? I've never heard either of those terms, though I know what a camcorder is.
SpaceFlight   Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:43 pm GMT
I think I generally use ''camcordered''.
Uriel   Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:55 pm GMT
I don't particularly like either word, but I would probably go with "camcorded", since it mimics "recorded". You wouldn't say "recordered", since "record" is already a verb and "recorder" the noun meaning "thing that records". Since "camcorder" is just a shortened form of "camera recorder"...
Lazar   Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:32 pm GMT
I agree with Tiffany - I would never use "camcord" as a verb in the first place.
jed   Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:54 am GMT
camcorder is a recorder and it records but a recorder cant camcord.wrong usage.you must say you "recorded with a camcorder."I never heared of someone dvding a disc or cding a disc.they "burn" it.so comcordered is wrong.
Travis   Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:25 am GMT
"to camcord" or "to camcorder" is just yet another example of verbing in English, and I myself don't see any problems with it that make it any "worse" than any other verbing. And jed, such reasoning has no place in any discussion of actual usage and like, and smacks of prescriptivism, just for the record.
JJM   Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:18 am GMT
Travis, I can only say this about your last posting:

I agree with every word you wrote.

Just for the record.