Until

Sarcastic Northwesterner   Thu May 31, 2007 3:58 pm GMT
How do you pronounce "until"?
Lazar   Thu May 31, 2007 4:06 pm GMT
I pronounce it [@n"t_hI5].

Note that I always use a schwa in the first syllable. Contrast this with verbs bearing the prefix "un-", which I pronounce with an unreduced [V], for example "unfold" [Vn"foU5d]. In fact, if there were a verb "untill" (to do the opposite of tilling), I would pronounce that [Vn"t_hI5].
Josh Lalonde   Thu May 31, 2007 7:28 pm GMT
I pronounce it [1n"tIo] or [n="tIo].
Travis   Thu May 31, 2007 7:51 pm GMT
I myself pronounce it [1~n"t_hI:M], [1~"t_hI:M], or [n="t_hI:M].
Sarcastic Northwesterner   Thu May 31, 2007 8:09 pm GMT
Hmm. I figured as much. I pronounce it [@ntEl]. I suppose General American has [I] there?
Travis   Thu May 31, 2007 8:11 pm GMT
>>Hmm. I figured as much. I pronounce it [@ntEl]. I suppose General American has [I] there?<<

Such is rather dialect-specific, and is rather unspecified within General American.
Sarcastic Northwesterner   Thu May 31, 2007 8:24 pm GMT
Do you think that it has anything to do with the git melk agin, etc. thing? Or is it something completely different?
Travis   Thu May 31, 2007 8:31 pm GMT
>>Do you think that it has anything to do with the git melk agin, etc. thing? Or is it something completely different?<<

This is completely different - it is due to differences in how unstressed vowels are reduced (and even when such unstressed vowels are not contrasted, which is common in North American English dialects, just how they are merged varies).