elections

abc   Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:40 pm GMT
when are the next presidential elections in the US?
Skippy   Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 pm GMT
November, 2008... But the primaries begin in January...

The primaries are the elections where each party lets its members vote on who should represent the party... That's what all these debates are for...
abc   Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:57 pm GMT
who do you think is gonna win? For granted it's gonna be the dems
Skippy   Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:54 pm GMT
Uhm... I think Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic primaries and Rudy Giuliani will win the Republican primaries...

Hillary Clinton is beating Barack Obama and John Edwards because she has huge name recognition, and a lot of people are hoping her husband will be involved (though she would never let him get too involved, because when he let her do things it was a disaster).

Rudy Giuliani and John McCain (the two leaders for the Republicans) both beat all the Democratic Party leaders in all the polls that have been done, and Mitt Romney (the guy I'm gonna vote for) does pretty well against the Democrat's #2 (Barack Obama) and #3 (John Edwards) leaders.

Right now, the Democrats have little chance of winning. They're behind in all the polls, and it doesn't help that since they got into power in Congress they haven't managed to do anything significant and have really only run things into the ground.
Rizzeck   Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:03 pm GMT
It doesn't matter who wins the next election. Everything in the world is in terrible shape and the ball has already been pushed, leading to an inevitable roll towards a regional clash which will be the define moment of our generation.

If you have any sense, you would buy defense and oil stocks
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:13 pm GMT
The Chinese have elections when they get over excited.
Anti-American   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:32 pm GMT
George W Bush will win again, the Americans like him because he is as dumb as they are
pessimist   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:45 pm GMT
<<Everything in the world is in terrible shape >>

The world's always been in in terrible shape, and always will be.
Rizzeck   Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:55 pm GMT
"George W Bush will win again, the Americans like him because he is as dumb as they are"--anti american

The Eurotrash always come out in full force, never ceasing to criticize others to mask their own insecurities. Hey moron: Europeans created ALL the problems in the Middle East today, so unfortunately someone as to fix it.

Stay on your wasteland (as T.S. Eliot so aptly named) Europe, and don't ask for our help ever again. For all I know WWIII could've broken out in Serbia in 1991 b/c of your incompetence. And don't get me wrong, I dislike the current American regime, in fact I wish someone would assassinate the entire lot of them, but Europeans need to recognize that the problems in the ME didn't happen overnight, for they were instigated by you and you alone a long time ago.

Go away--Eurotrash!!!
Rizzeck   Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:04 pm GMT
"George W Bush will win again, the Americans like him because he is as dumb as they are"--anti american

If Europeans are so brilliant, why did they elect a lackey like Blair or, better, yet how did Hitler come to power? You scum. I wish Hitler wiped out the entire lot of Europe so as to make American supremacy more complete.
Rizzeck   Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:06 pm GMT
Oh yeah, the only reason why trees grow in Europe is because the sheer number of dead bodies rotting in the soil from so many wars over so many years. Europe is merely a pretty little graveyard.
Guest   Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:40 pm GMT
<<George W Bush will win again, the Americans like him because he is as dumb as they are>>

US Presidents are limited to 2 terms, so he isn't even in the race, idiot.
Guest   Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:11 pm GMT
Europeans created ALL the problems in the Middle East today, so unfortunately someone as to fix it.

Let me correct you idiot:
ENGLAND, FRANCE AND USA created ALL the problems in the Middle East today, so unfortunately someone as to fix it.
Rizzeck   Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:22 am GMT
"Let me correct you idiot"--guest

hmmmm. I don't recall American troops in Central Asia in the 18th century, nor do recall American diplomats in Egypt during the 1882 coup. Whose idea was it to overthrow Mossadegh--oh crap, it was the British. Suez take over 1956--oh crap, the French and British. I don't any Americans affecting the Skykes-Picot agreement, do you? Morocco Crisis...I distinctly recall the French playing the role of deceiver there....the list goes on, moron.
Skippy   Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 pm GMT
Rizzeck's right, Guest...

The current situation in the Middle East could even stem to Islamic expansion in the 7th and 8th centuries through the Middle Ages, but the second the Ottoman Empire started to decline in the 19th century, Britain, France, and Russia got in there as soon as possible.

Americans were actually extremely popular with Muslims in the Middle East because of their stance on the Suez Crisis in the 50s... Americans really only became unpopular when we started backing so-called democratic regimes which all turned out to just be worse than the monarchies that were put in place (mostly by the British).

I'm not saying the British are entirely at fault here (or the French, Russians, or whoever) but America has only been the "bad guy" in the Middle East for a very short period of time.