G8

Guest   Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:19 am GMT
I was just disgusted by Skippy's attitude, please die. I recently had to sell 4000 emaciated sheep because of the worst drought in recorded history. I lost 50 two years ago due to record floods. Just because you can't see it in your big American cities with air-conditioning doesn't mean it isn't happening. You are so unbelievable selfish...

And yes, Europe will be nuked too, I don't care. We all deserve it anyway.
Skippy   Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:00 pm GMT
Oh man, you know, I just got back to Dallas from San Diego, and it's SOOOO great to have air conditioning again! You have no idea!

But that's beside the point... Your "we all deserve it anyway" attitude disgusts me quite a bit as well... so... Even?
Guest   Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:27 pm GMT
You don't understand the word 'even'. No one can be even with Americans. You rule the world after all. It's yours to destroy after all. We'll be even when you are dead,
Uriel   Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:21 am GMT
ANYWAY -- "greenhouse gases" are called that because they trap sunlight underneath them in the form of infrared waves (when visible light hits the surface of the eath it bounces back up, but at a longer wavelength -- infrared, which registers as heat). This trapped heat then builds up, contributing to overall warming.

The same phenomenon happens in a car on a hot day. Visible light can pass through the glass windows, but when it bounces back off the upholstery as infrared, it finds the windows opaque to that wavelength -- and so heat builds up inside the car, all out of proportion to the temperature outside. Greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide function in a similar way. Actually, one of the worst greenhouse gases is plain old water vapor -- that is thought to have been the agent that turned the surface of Venus into the inferno it is today. Luckily, conditions on Earth don't allow water vapor to act in this manner!
Guest   Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:35 am GMT
Wow, Miss. Physics , what the hell! You are even good at science. ;)
Uriel   Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:48 am GMT
Learned that one in astronomy class, lo these many years ago ... thought it was very interesting.

I'm way better at science than languages, I'm afraid! But still just a layman who likes to read.
Guest   Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:10 pm GMT
darling....you are way way better at GK than science, trust me on that :)
Andy   Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:21 pm GMT
What's GK?
furrykef   Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:49 pm GMT
"General knowledge" is my guess. It's often, but not always, a fancy term for "trivia".
Guest   Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:21 pm GMT
Why English allows so many annoying acronyms ?

Sometimes English really sucks.
Skippy   Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:34 pm GMT
It's probably because of the internet..... brb, w2g, g2g, lol, rofl, etc.... lol
Guest   Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:14 pm GMT
Skippy, go die now.
Skippy   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:05 pm GMT
My work is not yet complete. lol
Bulldog   Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:04 pm GMT
Skippy what is your problem with global warming as a theory anyway, if it is true we preserve the planet, if it doesn't we have cleaner technologies so we don't have to be reliant on Russia or the Middle-East, a win win scenario. There are health implications too, or is it just a myth that built up areas with pollution have more people suffering from Asthma.
Franco   Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:38 pm GMT
Well the answer to that is obvious. The only thing Americans care about is money.