Listening english radio station - does it works?

Michael   Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:06 pm GMT
Hello. I'm used to listen lots of english sentences by BBC radio station. Does it good method to improve my 2 nd language or should I do something else? I would loke to add I use SuperMemo to memorize lots of new unknown words.
Kess   Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 pm GMT
''I'm used to listen lots of english sentences by BBC radio station. Does it good method to improve my 2 nd language or should I do something else.''

It's good to improve your passive knowledge.
For improving your active knowledge you need the real communication:

1. find native speakers in your contry and speak with them
2. spend some time (at least 6 months) in UK/US/Canada/Australia/NZ...
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:35 pm GMT
First off - you refer to English as your second Language - that's great. Whereabout in the world are you? Is it the BBC World Service that you tune into? It broadcasts 24/7 thoughout the globe and if you do listen to this station then you are on to a winner if you wish to improve your skills in English.

As for asking us whether it's a good method or not of learning the Language or whether you should try something else is a question only you can answer. Personally I would think that tuning into an English Language radio station is as good a method as any other short of actually practising your skills with native English speakers. They wouldn't give a toss about the mistakes you may make - they will put you right and there you go, onwards and upwards. Meanwhile carry on listening to Auntie BBC - she's always willing to help.

Try this link - see if you like it or not. Cheers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/
Humble   Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:39 am GMT
Auntie seems to have run out of resources - they have dramatically cut their short-wave broadcasting, it's impossible to find anything in English on the radio except Chinese propaganda.
Rodrigo (COL)   Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:00 pm GMT
Listening to radio helps a lot as long as you also read, talk with native speakers or take classes. The BBC webpage lets you listen any show at any time.
Guest   Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:26 am GMT
Hello. I'm used to listen lots of english sentences by BBC radio station. Does it good method to improve my 2 nd language or should I do something else? I would loke to add I use SuperMemo to memorize lots of new unknown words.

Hello! I used to listen to lots of English sentences from the BBC radio station. Is it a good method to improve my second language or should I do something else? I would love to add that I use SuperMemo to memorize lots of new words.

No charge. BTW, Please write this in your native language for me.