Do you have any money with you?
Have you any money on you?
Is there any money with you?

Tnx.
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:59 am GMT
Give me all your money, or I'll shoot.

How much money do you got/have?
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:23 am GMT
I would normally say "Do you have any money with you?". Some people say "Do you have any money on you?", but that sounds low-class to me, so I don't speak like that.
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 am GMT
Do you have any money? is short and natural.
Skippy   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:03 pm GMT
I think in America you'd find "on you" pretty common, but it's really colloquial. as a non-native speaker i'd stick to "with you."
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:21 pm GMT
"but that sounds low-class to me, so I don't speak like that."--Guest

The only person that is low-class is you moron. What is wrong w/ asking if someone has any money on them, after all people have checks, credit cards, cash or sometimes none at all? It is a perfect legitimate question b/c asking it covers all three forms of currency.
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:23 pm GMT
I've heard "money on you" everywhere, from ALL classes, in restaurants, fancy hotels, and from educated people, so this low-class thing is beyond me. In fact guest isn't credible at all. Cad!
furrykef   Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:20 pm GMT
<< The only person that is low-class is you moron. What is wrong w/ asking if someone has any money on them, after all people have checks, credit cards, cash or sometimes none at all? It is a perfect legitimate question b/c asking it covers all three forms of currency. >>

And that has what exactly to do with the choice between "with" and "on"?
Guest   Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:22 pm GMT
"And that has what exactly to do with the choice between "with" and "on"?"--american

Are you kidding me? Read all the posts before responding.
furrykef   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:33 pm GMT
Um, I did.
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:40 pm GMT
Then you are an idiot for asking the question.
furrykef   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:11 pm GMT
No, because you have still established no connection between these ideas:

1. "I would normally say 'Do you have any money with you?'. Some people say 'Do you have any money on you?', but that sounds low-class to me, so I don't speak like that."
2. "What is wrong w/ asking if someone has any money on them, after all people have checks, credit cards, cash or sometimes none at all?"

Both "Do you have any money with you?" and "Do you have any money on you?" cover those cases, because the meaning is equivalent.

- Kef
American   Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:13 pm GMT
I just didn't appreciate the lower-class comment
furrykef   Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:59 am GMT
So I'm an idiot because you can't communicate clearly?
American   Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:19 am GMT
No you are an idiot...I'm not wasting my time anymore. It must suck to have IQ of 50.