Jade

Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:12 pm GMT
I've got some Westlife CDs........so I'm doing my bit to lessen the financial burden of Mr/Ms/Miss Rather Not Say.

That OTT wedding of Jordan and Peter Andre the hunk with the sizeable junk - nothing less than we expected. Shame? Miss Price doesn't have it in her vocabulary.
Uriel   Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:36 am GMT
<<Mouais... <Hack> ou <hough> ? Qu'en penses-tu ? >>

I'm not sure. What's "hough"?
Razmah Taz   Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:13 am GMT
Is it true Peter Andre is being awarded a knighthood for services to the Australian music industry?.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:02 am GMT
That would be no surprise at all ..... with Blair at the helm (well, until a week today anyway! yay!) Cool Britannia still prevails. Can you just see Lady Jordan? :-) I know nothing about English cricket but we now have Sir Beefy and Sir Salman....so Sir Pete is well on the cards. God help us if we ever have a Lady Jade though - those two words just do NOT go together.
Guest   Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:11 am GMT
If Salman can get a sir title for insulting the last prophet of God....then Jade Goody should win the title hands down....no one can insult better than her....
I hate spam   Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:49 am GMT
<<Cool Britannia still prevails.>>

So does Cruel Britannia. Using the f-word as a conjunction is almost de rigueur in the media and on stage. I've seen an Antigone and an Othello performance which were peppered with f-,c-,w-words and suchlike. If they think they can get closer to the younger generation that way, they are *slightly* off-beam. Now tell me I'm too conservative. Rant over.
Liz   Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 am GMT
The previous post was authored by me, not by "I hate spam". LOL. :-)

PS: I've never tasted spam, so I don't know if I hate it or love it.
Franco   Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:48 am GMT
Lol, Liz, I'm dissapointed with your humour sense!
Ocnarf   Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:20 pm GMT
Lol, Franco, I'm dissapointed with your English of level!
Da,ian in Edinburgh   Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:25 pm GMT
I'm disappointed to see the mis-spellings.

I suppose the word "disappointed" falls into the category of all those words which are commonly mis-spelt......words in which one letter is doubled and not another and confusion arises over which one should be doubled. Dismissal sometimes comes out as dissmisal. Also those words where two different letters are doubled - such as "accommodation" - many people miss out the second "m" which seems to be more common than missing out one of the "c's".

One of the joys of the English Language is its many inconsistencies. Some Languages are so regular that they become almost boring, but English just evolved into a really quirky minefield of spelling variations that can only be learned by memorising by rote developed by constant use.....something that obviously comes natural to those of us who started learning from the cradle onwards.

Tea break over - if I don't get back to work I will receive my P45....
Liz   Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:08 pm GMT
<<Lol, Franco, I'm dissapointed with your English of level!>>

I like the "English of level" bit, too. :-)
Guest   Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:25 pm GMT
What is P45?
Guest   Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:37 pm GMT
greg   Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:59 am GMT
Uriel : « I'm not sure. What's "hough"? ».

La même chose que <hack>, mais écrite différemment.
Uriel   Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:17 am GMT
That's a new one on me!

Liz -- Spam is nasty-tasting. Just take my word for it, and don't subject your own tastebuds. There has already been enough suffering in the world.