Arabic in France or Spanish in USA

American francophile   Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:54 pm GMT
Which language will be second official language faster, Arabic in France or Spanish in USA?

It is difficult to know because we have a President retarded and France a President drunkard.

What do you think? And you, Franco, the most clever man I never read?
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:03 pm GMT
How many thousands of Arabic words do you think are going to enter the Arabic language? I'd say at least 5 to 7 thousand. French will cease to be a Romance Language. It will become Half Romance language like English. Or it will be like Romanian. Bouncing back and forth between Slavic and Romance.
Franco   Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:15 pm GMT
Since we love each other, you want my opinion. OK, I think Arabic and Spanish will be official in France and USA respectively, in the near future, in 2050.

Kisses.
American francophile   Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:23 pm GMT
Thanks, honey
Franco   Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:24 pm GMT
You are welcome, my sun.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:30 pm GMT
I'm wondering how will be the muslim crescent on the dollar
American Francophile   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 pm GMT
Wow, someone needs to get a life.

Spanish will never be official in the United States, and I highly doubt the French, ever protective of their language, will allow Arabic any status.

Perhaps the Hispanic Fanatics should worry about the minority languages overruning their own countries first, before they indict other countries and their linguistic situations.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:17 pm GMT
Don't worry, we'll let you speak English when Spanish be the predominant language in US.
American Francophile   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:21 pm GMT
Thanks. Well, I speak a little Spanish. If I had time, I´d speak it better.

Hasta pronto!!
Skippy   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:25 pm GMT
I don't think America will ever have an official language... Right now we're leaving it up to the states, and it will probably stay that way... However, I've seen statistical evidence suggests that the number of Spanish-speakers actually born in the United States is declining... Naturally, Mexican immigrants will speak Spanish... Their children will normally be able to speak both English and Spanish, but by that third generation they are only speaking English.

I don't think Spanish will ever gain widespread notoriety in the U.S. The only area controlled by the United States where Spanish is officially recognized as an "official" language is Puerto Rico, while it is accepted de facto in New Mexico.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:27 pm GMT
Is Puerto Rico a state or not? I forgot the case of Puerto Rico. Will also Cuba become a US state when Castro die? There would be 3 US states with spanish as official language then.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:33 pm GMT
Puerto Rico is not a state, and English and Spanish are co-official there. Cuba will never become an American state, or even a protectorate. When Castro dies, hopefully they'll institute democracy.

And once again, New Mexico does not have Spanish as official language.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:35 pm GMT
But Puerto Rico belongs to US, and Spanish is official there. Spanish also could be official in Caifornia, Texas, Colorado, Nevada, Florida , Washington, Oregon and Illinois without problems.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:51 pm GMT
Oh, you better believe that there would be problems if many of those states tried to make Spanish official.

Also, you cite the Puerto Rico situation like it helps your cause. Let me give you a heads up, it doesn't. Rich Port spoke Spanish for centuries. But when it came under the protection of the U.S., English grew astronomically, to the point that Spanish lost a lot of status there.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:56 pm GMT
I knew many portoricans when I were in the Sates and the speak well Spanish. Spanish is still the most used language in Puerto Rico and a official one. As you see nothing bad has happenet.