Expository teaching in Malaysia

cikgu   Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:33 pm GMT
Is expository teaching relevant to the Malaysian classroom?

what are the pros and cons?

how is the Malaysian classroom different from others?

I think it's a good approach. What do u guys think?
Pengetua   Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:18 am GMT
Why don't you start by explaining what Expository Teaching means?
lucille   Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:45 pm GMT
Expository teaching as suggested by Ausubel(1968), emphasizes on students acquiring knowledge primarily through reception rather than through discovery. Concepts, principles, and ideas are presented and understood, and not discovered. The more organized, sequenced, and focused the presentation, the more thoroughly the individual will learn. Ormrod (2003) states that expository teaching stresses on meaningful learning rather than rote learning. Meaningful learning occurs when integration is made between new information and existing knowledge that a student already has. Expository teaching also proposes that learning should progress deductively, from the general to the specific, and not inductively. The use of Advance organizers is also incorporated into the expository teaching approach.
lucille   Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 am GMT
just a reminder
ref: to cht 4 IPBA students regarding L&L assignment.
the above paragraph is an actual paragraph of my assignment. Please do not take down the information and reuse it as a whole to avoid plagiarism. This would create unwanted trouble for both party. What was posted was solely for the prupose of information sharing. Rephrase if you have to.
adlina   Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:16 am GMT
never knew you're here as well, Lucille :) I'm currently trying to finish the essay, and still gathering as much information as I can get from all sources. There are some good e-journals and dissertations around the web as well. University's e-brary has been excellent.
Hasani   Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:18 am GMT
La la la la la...........