What's in a word?

trueguest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:56 am GMT
<That's why, most teachers suck and their students suck even more. >

Your attitude is somewhat childish. I wonder why the supermoderator here allows it.
Guest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:48 pm GMT
Why are you so obssessed with moderators because one of them has exposed your know-it-all game?
Guest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:23 pm GMT
<<So which would you use and if you have to talk about past habits, "used to" or "would"? >>

I'd prefer "used to".
Guest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:39 pm GMT
<Why are you so obssessed with moderators because one of them has exposed your know-it-all game? >

You need to learn to write correctly.
Pos   Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:44 pm GMT
<I'd prefer "used to".>

So would you use used to in these gaps?

When I was a kid we used to go to my grandmother’s at the seaside. And we _____ get up early every morning and dash across to the beach, and we ______ spend ages in the sea, even if it was freezing...
Guest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:49 pm GMT
<You need to learn to write correctly.>

Typos happen all the time. Your writing is not free of grammatical errors, Pos/Mitch/M56/Bridget/thetrueguest/guest
Guest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:52 pm GMT
<<When I was a kid we used to go to my grandmother’s at the seaside. And we _____ get up early every morning and dash across to the beach, and we ______ spend ages in the sea, even if it was freezing... >>

stupid question. Fix your grammatical structures first then I'll answer.
Guest   Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:04 pm GMT
<stupid question. >

Why stupid? Can you explain why?
beneficii   Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:27 pm GMT
Even as a child, I would have classroom-loving language learners for breakfast, in addition to having them for lunch, dinner, and dessert. I used to enjoy skewing them over a fire, spinning them round and round till they got nice and crisp. Though scrumptious it was, I always wondered if I could have had something a bit healthier, but like a man-eating lion my taste was set: classroom-loving language learners were the meal to get.