Do Colombians really speak the best Spanish?

Milton   Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:56 pm GMT
It seems that by the ''best'' Spanish people mean boring and monotone accents. I like dynamic, singing accents like Venezuelan, Chilean, Cuban and Argentinian. I don't like machine-gun accents like Mexican, Castillian or boring flat accents like those from Panama, Ecuador, Dominicana, Colombia and Peru.
JGreco   Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 pm GMT
"It seems that by the ''best'' Spanish people mean boring and monotone accents. I like dynamic, singing accents like Venezuelan, Chilean, Cuban and Argentinian. I don't like machine-gun accents like Mexican, Castillian or boring flat accents like those from Panama, Ecuador, Dominicana, Colombia and Peru."

That's funny ... I thought that the Panamanian accent was closer to the Venezuelan or the Cuban variant. My grandmother is Panamanian and her friends tend to be from Venezuela (Maracaibo) and Colombia (Barranquilla).
Guest   Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:43 am GMT
The Asturians and Aragonese speak the best Spanish at all.
Dan   Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:01 pm GMT
Well Barranquilla accent is very similar to the venezuelan accent. But the Maracaibo accent is not your typical venezuelan accent.
Guest   Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:19 pm GMT
What do you mean with machine-gun accent?
Guest   Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:49 pm GMT
I have just seen the film Elisabeth. Felipe II, king of Spain speaks a beautiful castillian Spanish in this movie.
furrykef   Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:17 am GMT
<< What do you mean with machine-gun accent? >>

I presume he means a steady and monotonous pace of speaking, just as a machine gun always goes "ratatatatatatatatatat" and not "rataattatataatattattaa".

- Kef
mac   Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:36 am GMT
I've heard that Columbian are quite particular and proud about their use of Spanish.